“Beautiful hotel in a great natural setting. Ideal for golfers.”

Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Langford
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I am not a golfer but I wish I was in order to enjoy more often this sumptuous place that is set in such a beautiful area. The hotel is luxurious and comfortable but in a discreet and pleasant manner. The rooms are well set and service is courteous and prompt. One of the nicest place to stay in Vancouver Island.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed at the resort for a romantic getaway, it was a terrific choice. The top floor corner suite was well appointed and spacious, the king bed was comfy and the perfect place to snuggle for a movie. The view from the balcony was terrific.

We went to Jack's Place accross the parking lot and found great service, good drinks and the best wings!! Try the mango bbq ones.

Will definitely be going back to Bear Mountain again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear BJN2009,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Bear Mountain for your special getaway. I'm pleased to read that the Corner One Bedroom Suites was the perfect choice for this time together. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Until then, be well!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We booked a suite at this hotel based upon previous reviews and wanted to stay on outskirts of Victoria .It was a memorable experience !
The first impression was positive when I requested front desk if we can be moved from existing suite facing the entrance side to the fairway view ( which is stunning ) . They were prompt to do so ! Rooms are spacious , immaculate and have all facilities if you are walking in with a family of 3 or more ( provided you have booked the required room size ) . Club house has a nice swimming pool and gym . They have nice restaurants which serve decent food !
We travelled in off season so we enjoyed the peace ..I am sure it would be bustling and noisy when they have tournaments and holiday season , so plan your trip accordingly .

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing Fairway . Choose breakfast packages !
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Makkansutra,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your One Bedroom Suite overlooking the golf course as well as our associates and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Treated a friend for a night away from home to celebrate a milestone birthday and enjoy some ladies time and spa treatments. After the first night of treatment we returned to our room and watched a chick flick enjoying a glass of wine. When we checked out she organized her purse and threw her empty cigarette package in our room garbage. That cost me $200, imagine how humiliating that is when after registering for the room at the desk we were not informed of any policy as such. Manager informed me it was in the email confirmation which we printed off and have sent to Westin head office as there is nothing on the confirmation of the policy. The fee for "deep cleaning" and the room could not have been rented that night only to find there were plenty of rooms available that evening. I myself am a smoke sensitive person and would not have been able to be in a room with such an odor. Talk about nickel and diming to death after spending $600 at the spa alone.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building if you plan on using spa treatments when going back and forth to your room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank SusanMIck
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear SusanMick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your spa vacation was marred by a smoking charge while at our resort. At Westin we provide a smoke-free environment. All guest rooms, suites, balconies, patios, and public spaces inside the resort buildings are 100% smoke-free. Under the Breathe WestinTM program, registered guests who smoke in a guest room or suite could be liable for an additional fee of 200 CAD so the room can be sufficiently cleaned and ready for the next guest. Our smoking charge is only applied to guest rooms where there is ample evidence of smoking such as ashes, disarded cigarette butts, or significant smell. We're sorry that it was not clearly communicated at check in however, we have advisory notices on our website, our confirmation emails, and non-smoking decals on our front doors and patio doors.

We welcome your feedback and if you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our General Manager, Francis Parkinson, at francis.parkinson@westinbearmountain.com

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have stayed at this location many times for both business and pleasure and always had a near perfect experience. On my last stay however most of the staff we encountered were about as professional as my dog dressed as a clown.
The ladies at the front desk ignored me while I waited at the desk to check in. They were cold and unfriendly - not at all the welcoming experience I am used to at this location. My room was not ready even though it was after the 3pm check in time, I was just told to wait or unload my luggage. With 3 kids and my elderly mother all standing there you would think they might have offered some assistance but NO. The girl at the desk simply turned around and continued gossiping to her coworker.
After we were given the go ahead to go up to our room we exited the elevator and had to try and navigate though the maze of garbage bags in the hall in order to find our room. The housekeeping staff were smiling and offered a playpen for the baby I was carrying. they apologised for the garbage apparently there was a large party the night before and the occupants did not check out until 3:15 that afternoon. I declined as we had brought one with us but I must say this was our only pleasant staff interaction. Poor ladies were porbably the only ones doing any work in that building.
Later on we called maintinance and asked for someone to come up to get the lamps working in the bedroom of our suite. We were told the outlets must have been tripped and they could not fix it that evening. The staff member that was sent was named Kim and he was extremely rude and simply stated it was not his problem that it didnt work. I asked if I could move to a room that had working outlets as I had a baby monitor and kids nightlight and ipod that we had hoped to plug in for the night and he said no. I asked if i could speak to a manager and he said that was him as well. I found it hard to believe that they would send the manager to look at a lamp not working and questioned him about this. Kim`s response was to just deal with it and he left.
As a person who travels frequently for business and have stayed in many hotels over the years I was at a total loss for words that a staff member, possibly a manager of a well loved hotel chain would speak to any customer like this and in front of my children no less. I was just lucky my mother was in the next room or I am sure we would have had to pack up and leave that instant - I would be lying if I said it didn`t cross my mind.
I can honestly say I will stay at other Westin properties again but not this one!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelPrincess862
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear TravelPrincess862,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We are truly sorry that you did not have the experience you were looking for and as you mentioned, this is not the norm at our resort. We take great pride in our staff who are dedicated to providing instinctive, professional, and renewing service. As requested by email, our General Manager will be following up with you directly. If you have any further concerns, please email Francis Parkinson at francis.parkinson@westinbearmountain.com.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is nice. The rooms are big, the location is beautiful (though it is a bit of a drive up) and the hotel is clean. The restaurant is awesome as well. However, the pull-out couch was quite uncomfortable. They offered us a rollaway bed on check-in, but we didn't think we'd need it. If I stayed again, I probably would get a rollaway bed, but other than that, it was a pretty good experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Unbelieavable! First class hotel! Fantastic rooms! Great dining experances. Front desk staff was more than hospitible. The views that you experiance while staying here are breath taking. Will definatly promote this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Thomas M,

We're delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations for your October stay! Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We hope you will think of us next time your travels bring you to Victoria.

Revenue Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langford
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Hotel Grand Pacific
#14 of 49 in Victoria
Downtown
Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour

Been to Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!