“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Langford
Courtenay, Canada
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We booked a suite at this hotel based upon previous reviews and wanted to stay on outskirts of Victoria .It was a memorable experience !
The first impression was positive when I requested front desk if we can be moved from existing suite facing the entrance side to the fairway view ( which is stunning ) . They were prompt to do so ! Rooms are spacious , immaculate and have all facilities if you are walking in with a family of 3 or more ( provided you have booked the required room size ) . Club house has a nice swimming pool and gym . They have nice restaurants which serve decent food !
We travelled in off season so we enjoyed the peace ..I am sure it would be bustling and noisy when they have tournaments and holiday season , so plan your trip accordingly .

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing Fairway . Choose breakfast packages !
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Makkansutra,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your One Bedroom Suite overlooking the golf course as well as our associates and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
Seattle
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Treated a friend for a night away from home to celebrate a milestone birthday and enjoy some ladies time and spa treatments. After the first night of treatment we returned to our room and watched a chick flick enjoying a glass of wine. When we checked out she organized her purse and threw her empty cigarette package in our room garbage. That cost me $200, imagine how humiliating that is when after registering for the room at the desk we were not informed of any policy as such. Manager informed me it was in the email confirmation which we printed off and have sent to Westin head office as there is nothing on the confirmation of the policy. The fee for "deep cleaning" and the room could not have been rented that night only to find there were plenty of rooms available that evening. I myself am a smoke sensitive person and would not have been able to be in a room with such an odor. Talk about nickel and diming to death after spending $600 at the spa alone.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building if you plan on using spa treatments when going back and forth to your room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank SusanMIck
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear SusanMick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your spa vacation was marred by a smoking charge while at our resort. At Westin we provide a smoke-free environment. All guest rooms, suites, balconies, patios, and public spaces inside the resort buildings are 100% smoke-free. Under the Breathe WestinTM program, registered guests who smoke in a guest room or suite could be liable for an additional fee of 200 CAD so the room can be sufficiently cleaned and ready for the next guest. Our smoking charge is only applied to guest rooms where there is ample evidence of smoking such as ashes, disarded cigarette butts, or significant smell. We're sorry that it was not clearly communicated at check in however, we have advisory notices on our website, our confirmation emails, and non-smoking decals on our front doors and patio doors.

We welcome your feedback and if you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our General Manager, Francis Parkinson, at francis.parkinson@westinbearmountain.com

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have stayed at this location many times for both business and pleasure and always had a near perfect experience. On my last stay however most of the staff we encountered were about as professional as my dog dressed as a clown.
The ladies at the front desk ignored me while I waited at the desk to check in. They were cold and unfriendly - not at all the welcoming experience I am used to at this location. My room was not ready even though it was after the 3pm check in time, I was just told to wait or unload my luggage. With 3 kids and my elderly mother all standing there you would think they might have offered some assistance but NO. The girl at the desk simply turned around and continued gossiping to her coworker.
After we were given the go ahead to go up to our room we exited the elevator and had to try and navigate though the maze of garbage bags in the hall in order to find our room. The housekeeping staff were smiling and offered a playpen for the baby I was carrying. they apologised for the garbage apparently there was a large party the night before and the occupants did not check out until 3:15 that afternoon. I declined as we had brought one with us but I must say this was our only pleasant staff interaction. Poor ladies were porbably the only ones doing any work in that building.
Later on we called maintinance and asked for someone to come up to get the lamps working in the bedroom of our suite. We were told the outlets must have been tripped and they could not fix it that evening. The staff member that was sent was named Kim and he was extremely rude and simply stated it was not his problem that it didnt work. I asked if I could move to a room that had working outlets as I had a baby monitor and kids nightlight and ipod that we had hoped to plug in for the night and he said no. I asked if i could speak to a manager and he said that was him as well. I found it hard to believe that they would send the manager to look at a lamp not working and questioned him about this. Kim`s response was to just deal with it and he left.
As a person who travels frequently for business and have stayed in many hotels over the years I was at a total loss for words that a staff member, possibly a manager of a well loved hotel chain would speak to any customer like this and in front of my children no less. I was just lucky my mother was in the next room or I am sure we would have had to pack up and leave that instant - I would be lying if I said it didn`t cross my mind.
I can honestly say I will stay at other Westin properties again but not this one!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelPrincess862
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear TravelPrincess862,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We are truly sorry that you did not have the experience you were looking for and as you mentioned, this is not the norm at our resort. We take great pride in our staff who are dedicated to providing instinctive, professional, and renewing service. As requested by email, our General Manager will be following up with you directly. If you have any further concerns, please email Francis Parkinson at francis.parkinson@westinbearmountain.com.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is nice. The rooms are big, the location is beautiful (though it is a bit of a drive up) and the hotel is clean. The restaurant is awesome as well. However, the pull-out couch was quite uncomfortable. They offered us a rollaway bed on check-in, but we didn't think we'd need it. If I stayed again, I probably would get a rollaway bed, but other than that, it was a pretty good experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Unbelieavable! First class hotel! Fantastic rooms! Great dining experances. Front desk staff was more than hospitible. The views that you experiance while staying here are breath taking. Will definatly promote this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Thomas M,

We're delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations for your October stay! Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We hope you will think of us next time your travels bring you to Victoria.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I love Starwood Properties and must say that this particular property is one of my absolute favorite. The reasons: best overall value - you get plenty of bang for your buck at this hotel; 5 star spa; great views; excellent food and a friendly staff. Staying at the main resort building will give you better views and easy access to the spa and restaurants. The property is 20 minutes from downtown Victoria and close to shopping. I have already booked my return vacation!

Room Tip: Pick the main resort building!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear MDM1414,

We are so pleased to be your favourite Starwood Hotel! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us and we are very much looking forward to your return.

Until then, be well!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Spent a couple nights on our last trip to Victoria & it was, as always, a wonderful stay. Secure, easy access underground parking, great rooms and all the amenities you would expect. They have excellent dining choices at the resort, a wonderful spa & two amazing golf courses to choose from. Check for seasonal 'stay & play' package deals, these can be quite a good value

• Stayed November 2013
Dear bbtwos,

We appreciate that you took the time to share a review of the Westin Bear Mountain. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are still thinking of your stay from November. The Stay & Play Package is very popular; we're pleased you found value in it.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Until then, be well!
Revenue Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langford
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Hotel Grand Pacific
#14 of 49 in Victoria
Downtown
Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour

Been to Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!