Everyone wants to turn good into great. Here is a good example of how to turn what should be great into something just good. Bear Mountain has a great facility, a great setting and a great location but they sure flubbed up my visit.
The front desk set the tone. I booked two rooms as I was travelling with my 96 year old Aunt. Although we were checking in early they had us on different floors and couldn't do any better. The front desk thought we should be happy we were at least in the same building! She just couldn't care less, I should have been happy just to be able to stay there. Finally, I figured out that we could at least be on the same floor if I upgraded one room to a suite. The suite was actually wonderful and we could have all fit comfortably but by then I wasn't going back to the desk. And watch out for the facility fee; it doesn't matter if you use any them or not.
The next issue came with room service at breakfast. We were on a tight time schedule so I specifically asked if they could deliver breakfast by a certain time and was assured that they could. Of course it didn't and we had about one minute to eat what looked like a delicious meal. The waiter was apologetic and said the time frame (which I thought was reasonable or I wouldn't have asked) just wasn't possible and shouldn't have been agreed to.
It wasn't all bad. The rooms were great, very clean, roomy and well decorated. The patio lounge service, drinks, and lunch was wonderful. As was the dinner in the main restaurant. We invited guests to come up for dinner and the family style dining option made for a great evening. The main hotel and grounds looked wonderul as well.
I relayed my comments on the standard e-mail survey that you often get from the hotel chains and received an e-mail reponse from one of the managers. (I guess those surveys aren't anonymous). The response was cold, unsatisfying, and took no responsibility for any of my issues. I guess the tone wasn't set at the frond desk, the tone is set at the top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa, Victoria hotel features 36 holes of Nicklaus Design golf. Indulge in a beauty or wellness treatment at the accredited Sante Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Hotel Victoria
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Hotel
- Westin Victoria
- Victoria Westin