“Yay a good restaurant in Langford”

Turmeric Indian Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Langford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Yay a good restaurant in Langford”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Finally a good restaurant in Langford. Since Basilico closed we had to stop eating out. Decided to try Turmeric. Excellent. Good food, good service and good price. We will be back.

Langford, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Turmeric Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went for the Buffet Luncheon a couple of weeks ago with a friend. I'm not a buffet eater as I
usually don't find the food hot enough temperature wise. Well at this restaurant all the food that was supposed to be hot was, also delicious and spicy, with a good variety. The food containers were kept well stocked too. The service was great with a nice atmosphere.

This restaurant is definitely my place for my Indian Food feasts.

I highly suggest to others to check it out.

Turmeric is a fairly new restaurant here in Langford, B.C.

“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We went for the buffet on a week day after 11 am. The buffet is very small ( Only app 8 different things which includes the bread and the small balls that are a desert ) We decided to try it anyway. The beef curry was a sauce as there was just a few pieces of meat left. After half and hour it was still the same.

I Ordered a coke and it came immediately before I went to the buffet, then we never saw our waitress. Were wondering if maybe it was a situation where you had to other again the coke and pay for it or she just forgot us. I ended up getting some of my wife s water.

Overall expensive for what you get but tasty food.

“Wow!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We started with the free appetizer of bread and dipping sauces, had the samosas, a curry and a tikka and all were great :-)) I haven`t eaten in a restaurant on this island for a while that impressed me like this! The decor can still be a bit improved and the serving seemed a bit chaotic (some people got their water at the same time as the bill, and we never got any), but that doesn`t change the fact that I`m definitely planning to go back!.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LY2000
“Menu food not so good”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Tried a few items from the take out menu. The pakora's were very good, as was the complementary naan bread. However, we tried three different curries and they all tasted the same, and so all lack flavoured.... texture and colour was good though. I really hope the chefs can improve and differentiate the flavours in the sauces, as the owners are aiming to make this the best Indian restaurant in Greater Victoria, and that is a welcome aim among the poor showings we have right now!

• Visited October 2013