“Exorbitant price increases”

Salty's Fish & Chips
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Langford
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good quality but recent price increases seem way out of line. In the past few years, their prices have increased by nearly 30 percent (five times the rate of inflation!). As of March 2013, the takeout price fro a small piece of halibut and regular chips is now $12.32.
I enjoy good quality Fish & Chips, but sadly I will now be visiting far less frequently.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We ate here last year and later that same night they had the fire! We have missed them.

We have visited twice since they re-opened and we saw the signs that they have 'New Management'. It was so good before that we were a little apprehensive as so many Restaurants go downhill when owners change but we were delighted with our visit.

One of our party of four had Cod, two had Halibut and one Haddock. All were superb.
I would echo the comments of a previous review in that we wished there had been a few more chips...I could live without the coleslaw.

The service was top notch both times and we had a different Server on each occassion. Just joke along with the staff and they will appreciate it!

Glad that Salty's is back on our list of places to eat in Victoria.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

First time back since the fire . It is not much different other than the facelift .
I like the fish and chips here . I have tried all three , Halibut , Haddock , Cod .
I actually like the Cod the best . Alaskan Halibut is not quite as good as local Halibut .
Chips are very good here ( non greasy ) . I wish they gave you a few more to compliment the fish.
It is hard to find Fish at a low price today and here is no exception . I always feel like I pay too much for fish and chips anywhere . Overall their value is competative .
I am not big on their non-fish meals , stick to fish and chips here and you should leave happy .
With a little tweeking they could raise their rating to four stars but due to the dull appys we rate it three stars . Would be four stars for fish and chips for sure .

1  Thank Rockit L
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Good fish and chips, pickup a family pack 6 piece every Saturday during Hockey Season. Nothing better then watching Hockey night in Canada while enjoying Salty's fish and chips.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Salty's is one of the few fish and chip places that are open all year so it was a treat to be able to get great fish and chips in the winter!