We stayed here for two nights and paid a bit less than the going rate, since we booked by internet. $130 for a room with a king-size bed, I think.
This hotel is new and has the newer look and gimmickry, none of which necessarily added to our comfort. For example, there's a HUGE shower stall with glass doors, but the shower faucet is located in such a way that you have to get wet while you're getting the water to the temperature you want. There's a large, flat panel TV but we had repeated problems changing channels and adjusting the sound - when we complained at the front desk, another guest was doing the same thing, and the staff said the TVs will be replaced this winter. Pretty interesting for a new hotel!
The reception area is a bit sterile - both in set-up and the level of warmth you get from the staff. It's OK, but there's not a huge welcome. The staff reminded us that the pub/restaurant in the lower level (can't remember the name) was open for breakfast lunch and dinner so we decided to give it a try for breakfast.
What a mistake! It's very overpriced - $14 for your basic bacon and eggs, and extra for coffee (which was tepid). When I asked if I could make a substituton the server just said "No, we don't allow substitutions," - no regret, no apology, no "I wish I could help you but I can't" type of response. We decided to leave before eating there since the coffee was cold and the price and attitude really irritated us. Tim Horton's was just around the corner, and they were friendly!
Location - about 15 minutes from downtown Victoria by car, but it's easy to get to the ramp from the hotel. Surrounded by loads of big box stores, so not really a very inviting setting, but OK if you want to shop. We ate dinner at the "Loghouse Pub" round the corner on Millstream Road - friendly, quite good food and very reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway offers a great location just off of the Trans Canada Highway, with shopping and recreation nearby. This hotel is near downtown Victoria and Bear Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Victoria Gateway Hotel Victoria
- 4 Points By Sheraton Victoria Gateway
- Four Points Victoria Gateway
- Victoria Four Points
- Victoria Sheraton