Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway
$156
$119
$70
$86
Days Inn Victoria Uptown(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$93
$77
$71
$58
Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$159
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
English Inn(Esquimalt)
Hotels.com
Surf Motel(Victoria)
All reviewsfront deskthe pubnight managernice poolhousekeeping staffshort drivestayed here for two nightshot tublarge bathroomcomfortable staya wonderful staycostcodowntownvictoriamillstreamkitchenettevancouver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed for 1 night at this property in the middle of the week. Room booked through Hotwire. Good sized room, decent amenities, the bath room is especially large, with a huge walk in shower.Standard room amenities - coffee maker, toiletries, flat panel tv, mini bar, desk and chair etc.

Pros:
Generally clean, good customer service (they offered me to put a microwave in the room), good sized room, large bathroom.

Cons:
My girlfriend found 2 pieces of red hair on one of the pillow, the housekeeping staff should be more thorough there since the hairs are red, so they stood out against the white pillowcase background. A bit out of Inner Harbor area, so definitely need a car to get around.

The staff - while super polite and super helpful - they are also 'selling' the property a bit. When I asked about where to take their own out of town guests for breakfast, they all were trying to sell their restaurant. OK - understandable - but really? If I wanted a good Victoria BC dining experience for my family - I would take them to my workplace ... ?

One more note - I am not an architect or designed by any means - but I think painting the exterior with brighter colors will help. The gray exterior paint does not enhance the appearance of the property, but that's just my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank r0m8470
Amanda C, ~ Guest Service Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

I’d like to thank you for your review and sharing with us your experiences at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback regarding the exterior of our hotel. Hope you had a great trip to Victoria.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was a little skeptical as my GPS guided me past the Home Depot, Costco et al but my doubts were quickly alleviated once I came upon the hotel. I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite which was massive and very well appointed and had a nice deck overlooking some greenery. I didn't get a chance to check out the gym or fitness center but expect they would be top notch. The overall feel of this hotel seemed to be above the usual Four Points standard with a large airy lobby, modern rooms and an excellent on site restaurant. The front desk staff were extremely friendly upon check in and check out. The only negative thing about this hotel is its location is in Langford which may be the gateway to Victoria but is definitely not Victoria. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from DT Victoria which could be an inconvenience if the purpose of your trip is to visit Victoria. All in all I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can get it, Room 118 is fantastic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Amanda C, ~ Guest Service Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experiences at out hotel. I am delighted you had such a wonderful stay and felt that we exceeded the standards of Four Points. It’s great to hear you had such a warm welcoming from our staff at the front desk. We do strive to exceed all expectations and create a memorable stay for all our guests. Thank you again for your review. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy but for the price very nice. The rooms have been redone and are very comfortable and clean. Nice bed. Great huge walk in shower. Good tv, terrible remote control. The bar downstairs is very nice and has surprisingly great healthy options in addition to classic bar food. Service very friendly. The public areas of the hotel could use an update but it seems like they are working on that. Can't complain, I had a very restful stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012

I’m glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the variety of the West Coast Taphouse’s menu while staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experiences of our hotel. We hope to impress you with the updating of the public areas on your next visit. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to the Victoria area.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My family (2 parents and 4 children) decided on a last minute overnight in Victoria. It was a holiday weekend so we couldn't get a room at our usual hotel. A very friendly reservation clerk at this hotel helped us to get a room large enough for the 6 of us. The room was great. The hotel was nice. It's 10 minutes from town but lots of shops and restaurants in the area and we were spending most of our time out and about so no problem with the drive.

My only complaint is that when I went to check out the clerk said it had to be on my credit card because they don't have any debit capacity in the building. If I had wanted to get my children some spending money I would have had to go elsewhere and I couldn't pay my bill at the hotel or the restaurant except with cash or credit.

I think in this day and age a hotel that doesn't do debit is silly I won't stay here again despite my positive feelings about the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 651brendam
Amanda C, ~Star Guest Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Brenda054

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway. I’m glad you had a restful stay with us and you found some great amenities in the area. Hope your travels bring you to Victoria gain.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Despite being next to a Costco, this medium size hotel provides quiet rooms with nice views on the back over a leafy residential area. The hotel provides good value. The little Millstream Mall a short walking distance makes for a nice stroll with small shops but large liquor store with good selection of BC wines. Take time to visit Hadley Castle and stroll the grounds of Royal Roads.

Room Tip: Ask to look over the back rather than the street and up a couple of floors.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Amanda C, ~ Guest Service Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

I’m delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us on your last trip to Victoria. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. Hatley Castle/Royal Roads University is a great to take in some of the beauty of the area. The staff at the Front Desk is always happy to help with further ideas for places to see and things to do while on your next trip to Victoria. Again, thank you for the review, we hope to see you again soon! Victoria is an amazing place in the summer.