“Very Impressed!”

Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Langford
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was a great place to stay! Clean, bright rooms. New bathrooms. Very nice staff. Close to Costco and several stores and restaurants. Clean well-lit exterior. Only problem was parking kind of sucked one night. There were several families staying there, and things were very quiet in the room. Pool was busy with kids so it was a little cramped. I am actually looking forward to staying here next month again. Would recommend!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I travel frequently to Victoria on business. A few years ao the local Holiday Inn switched chains so I was left without a Priority Club hotel in the area. Since then I have had difficulty finding a reasonably priced, convenient and comfortable place to stay. Unfortunately it appears my search will have to continue as I strike this property off my list.

On my first stay I got to my room and the HVAC control panel was missing and BARE WIRES were protruding from the wall. I didnt notice until just before I went to sleep so I waited until the morning to report it. The front desk was apologetic and nice about it. Maintenance was sent up and I was promised a voucher for a meal. The problem was "fixed" by the installation of some marettes with the wires still hanging from the wall. My voucher never appeared (although I did not ask for it).

My second stay was great. Easy check in/out, no maintenance issues, comfortable, Everything a business traveller could want.

This stay has been awful. The HVAC system has a loud rattling noise. I sleep best with white noise so I always leave the fan on. I reported the problem as soon as I checked in and the maintenance person was here quite quickly. All he did was tell me that all the fans were like that and there was nothing he could do. So tonight with a severe storm I have alternated between a loud, rattling fan or driving rain and wind with something banging against the hotel outside. It is 4:30am and I am writing a review before I get up at 6am to start my day. Sorry Victoria Gateway, fool me twice.......

It's really a shame as the location is good if you need to visit places other than downtown Victoria. The front desk staff seems friendly and there is ample shopping nearby with a more serene setting at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Bought the room same day on line. Didn't know what I was getting for 3.5 stars was a very good deal for the rate. Rooms are clean, good size as well. One down side is the window coverings , they are not a black out curtain.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We spent a night here because we wanted to spend an evening listening to live music at the Langford Legion. The hotel was comfortable, reasonably clean and conveniently located (there's not a lot to choose from on this side of Victoria).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony R
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I came to Victoria in the third week of November to attend a professional workshop at Royal Roads University. It rained all day -- every day I was there. I will probably *never* go back to Victoria -- ever. But that has nothing to do with one of the warmest hotels I've ever stayed at.

To start out, the hotel is not **in** Victoria. It's in the affluent Colwood/Langford neighborhood west of town -- but near the Thetis Lake Regional Park, the Bear Mountain and Royal Colwood golf courses, the Millstream Recreation Area, the Canadian Armed Forces Base at Esquimalt, and luckily, Royal Roads University. It's more a favorite of one-rollerbag business travelers than tourists. Being 33 km from the airport seemed not such a big deal as the roads are good -- the drive is 35 minutes even during rush hour.

The hotel itself is on a side road past a shopping center -- yet quiet as you please. Beautiful lobby. I tended to be out all day and return late at night. So, I was surprised to find the bar and restaurant in the basement of the hotel to be a neighborhood watering spot -- making parking complicated Friday and Saturday nights. Btw, I noticed the rooms (at least on the third floor) seemed to be sound-resistant -- so turn the TV up if you like.

My only problem was faxes -- no one seemed to have a clue how to use the fax machine. Even incoming faxes were stored at the desk and then were presented to me as I checked out -- that's not very helpful.

Otherwise, the staff were pleasant and actually quite charming. The housekeeping staff liked me, so I got extra in-room coffee packs, extra Coffee-Mate and sweetner, and extra towels without making a fuss. My maid even gave me an extra (fabric, hotel-logo) laundry bag to take away with me.

I took a few photos which should be attached.

Room Tip: Only east-facing rooms get shopping center noise
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Forest20851
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My hustand and I recently redeemed some Aeroplan points to stay at this hotel for three nights. Everything was very clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, and we certainly made use of the pool and the hot tub on the main floor. Our room on the fourth floor was quite large and tastefully furnished. We had one breakfast in the pub and it was delicious. Service by the staff was attentive and friendly, but we waited quite awhile for our meal. There is a huge shopping centre nearby, within walking distance to some of the stores, and a 15-20 minute drive into downtown Victoria. We have been to Victoria many times, but this was our first stay in this hotel, and found it to be just what we needed at this time

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
lolowilson, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to share your great stay experience - we're so happy to hear that you found our hotel and amenities enjoyable, the service friendly, and your room comfortable and spacious. Thank you for choosing us to redeem your Aeroplan points with - we hope to welcome you back the next time you travel to Victoria.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Hotel is located about a 20 minute drive away from downtown Victoria, and in many ways, it is a big advantage.

The hotel is a beatiful Alpine style building, and looks pretty bright & fresh. Service is nice & attentive (the maid was going out of her mind to find a toiletry item I forgot). Rooms are enormous and warm, bathrooms huge and very clean.

great hotel experience at a very affordable price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank primitivepios
lolowilson, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Hi - Thanks for your compliments and feedback about your recent stay with us. We're so pleased to hear that you and your family found the hotel beautiful, and the rooms spacious and comfortable. We will share your compliment about the service, in particular with our housekeeping team - I hope the room attendant assisting you was able to locate the toiletry item you needed! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langford
Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa
#3 of 49 in Victoria
Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Magnolia Hotel And Spa
#2 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway? Share your experiences!