“A special place hidden away”
Review of Berghaus Stuben

Berghaus Stuben
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Stuben
Cuisines: Austrian
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Tucked behind the church in Stuben well worth sking all the way down to Stuben for this little gem. Not easy to find but well worth it. Austrian food good service as well as pizzas. Great place for lunch.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We come here every year and think this place is fantastic. We then decided to look it up on trip advisor and were shocked too see two negative reviews, which talked absolute garbage. The food is great and the staff are attentive. This place is way better than the Hospisz Alm and any other restaurants in the area. 10/10. If you are lucky enough to be on the grill day, sometimes on a Wednesday, the T-Bone steak is one of the best meals I have ever had. The one criticism is that it is relatively pricey

1  Thank Gerdhart_456
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have never been treated as bad ln a restaurant as I was treated here. The staff is unfriendly and does not behave very cood at all.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Probably my weirdest visit to a restaurant ever: our group of three came in and we got told that we had to wait for half an hour. So far so good. We walked up to the bar to have drink during the wait, upon which the proprietor told us in the rudest fashion that it was extremely impolite of us to point our butts towards the eating guests in the restaurant when he has told us that there won't be a table for half an hour. Mind you, all we did was waiting at the bar to be served a drink. And I can tell you, his tone of voice was what the slaves got at the cotton farms in the 1800's. I leave it up to you to support such behaviour by being paying guests - I won't.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Ended up here in a blizzard three years ago and had a fantastic and filling meal of traditional Austrian dumplings for just 7€ each while we waited for the main road to reopen. Two years ago came back to soak up the sunshine on the huge terrace and once again enjoyed a bargain dumpling meal.

Went back this year and ... NO DUMPLINGS! Also, the price of everything on the menu had doubled/tripled. Initially we were horrified by the change - service seemed disorganised too.

However, after about half an hour, service improved dramatically (I think a couple of extra members of staff turned up) and the food was lovely - I had a smoked salmon rosti. Our waiter subsequently apologised for the poor/slow service when we arrived - I had the feeling that this was a one-off, as the subsequent service was pretty slick.

The comments by the reviewer below explain the menu and price change - new management and all that. Although I initially was disappointed by Berghaus Stuben becoming another identikit mountain restaurant rather than a lovely one-off, it is still a good place to visit. The sun terrace is huge and the food is tasty, although prices are closer to that of the nearby Hospiz Alm than the mountain cafeterias (which are still stonkingly good value).

Also, the men's toilets, I am told, are still as entertaining as ever (there's a goal and a ball ...)