This was the Worst hôtel we had in 16 days of holydays in Tanzania. We went there because we read a lot of good advices on Trip Advisor about it but 3 months ago the owners changed, now a woman named Barbara and her husband hold it and it's a disaster !!! There is no one To welcome you, our room wasn't ready when we arrived, the room was full of insects (moskitos, lizzards and worms!!) the food was very very expensive and not good as expected. There is no choice for the food but a unique meal and a unique price whatever if you don't want something in it. And OVERPRICED !!
The worst was the excursion desk do not go !! They offer you overpriced excursion and it is a complete joke in particular the spice tour which was organised by 2 kids.
Thé day we left no one came To help us with our bags !
Imagine that it was for our honeymoon !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a piece of paradise on the tropical Zanzibar island of Unguja. Chuini Zanzibar Beach Lodge (formerly known as Hakuna Matata) is surrounded by palm trees and has the warm azure Indian Ocean right on your doorstep, the ideal beach getaway. The historic Old Fort of Zanzibar and Forodhani Gardens is just a 20-minute drive away offering you the chance to immerse yourself in the local culture. Each of the thatched bungalows is furnished with contemporary beach-style décor, while still maintaining a traditional feel. They enjoy panoramic ocean views and all the ambience of a perfect retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa Zanzibar Island/Bububu