Susan and I have traveled the world's resorts and there has never been a more pleasurable, professional experience ever. The property is impeccably maintained, the staff over the top professional, the food is world class and the wilderness is, well wilderness! The fishing was great and a half day helicopter wilderness tour crowned the list.
We did not get a chance to sample the Spa but other guest praised the therapist on staff. We were having so much fun for the 5 days we stayed I never open my book that I brought along. That is not to say there is not ample time to sit back and enjoy the fireplace and serenity of the lodge.
Eagles, black bears with cubs, deer and fish in this most beautifully Northern rain forest, yet so close to the States, seemed impossible.
We live in Memphis, not exactly near the West coast of BC. Flying on Northwest Airlines we departed Memphis at 6AM and arrived the dock of the lodge at 3PM! Heck, I can not do that going to Florida.
Yeah, I know I am gushing but this is THE HIDDEN place to visit.
Enjoy and say hello to our pet rock on the back deck.
P.S. ask the lodge manager for the link to our photo web site for some "home movies" of our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Nook is an remote luxury wilderness resort offering world class salmon and halibut fishing charters, whale watching and kayaking tours. You'll find a cozy atmosphere with double room accommodations, all with bathrooms en suite. With 23 guest rooms, all with ocean-views, a dining room with vaulted ceilings overlooking Vernon Bay, media room and patios overlooking both Vernon and Jane Bays, Eagle Nook Resort is one of the most impressive resorts on the West Coast. After a day of adventure, enjoy a relaxing massage, unwind in the Jacuzzi, or just relax and watch the sun go down while sitting on one of our patios. The ocean view dining room and lounge are the gathering points where adventure stories can be shared at the end of a great day in the outdoors. With its splendid wilderness location, luxurious feeling, and numerous indoor and outdoor activities, a room at Eagle Nook Resort is the perfect home base for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Eagle Nook Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Nook Hotel Barkley Sound
- Eagle Nook Resort And Spa
- Eagle Nook Ocean Wilderness Hotel
- Eagle Nook Resort Vancouver Island/Barkley Sound, Canada