All reviews adrina resort private beach cable car sister hotel water taxi beautiful location pool villa great resort level villa five star hotel beach restaurant amazing beach greek salad see you next year spent nights peak season skopelos town
Selected filters
Reviewed October 1, 2017

As a Travel agent I am always on th look out to try different hotels in different parts of the world , my new love of holidays is the Greek Islands and I am trying to work my way through them all which could take me a while. In one of my searchs for a holiday a couple of years ago I came across the Adrina Resort and Spa purely because I had googled to see which Greek Island Mama Mia was filmed in and the Adrina came up straight away with an amazing website showing the Adrina Resort and Spa and the sister Hotel the Adrina beach at its best and at that time I thought I must try and stay there .

Due to work commitments etc the only date I could go was the 15th of September but unfortunately for me the hotel was closing down on the 18th for the season so I was in a bit of a dilemma as I knew that out of the two hotels this was the most modern and contemporary and as I have got older I do like clean lines and bright and spacious so it was ether not stay at the resort and spa and stay 6 nights at the Adrina Beach or stay three nights at each and try both of them and and that is exactly what I did.

I had arranged a water taxi with Alexandra from the hotel who has been brilliant the whole time I was l emailing to book the hotel , the cost for a private water taxi is €150 euros one way and takes approx 25 minutes , he takes you direct to the pontoon of either the Resort and spa or the Adrina Beach and what a way to arrive when you come around the corner and see the hotel , the staff are there waiting to greet you and take your bags off you , you walk along the pontoon across the beach and up to the Cable car that they have that takes you up to the reception where I was greeted by the very friendly Alexandra who a few days earlier I had requested that because we were now travelling with two friends if the Two Bedroomed Villa with private pool was available could we stay in it and she was excited to tell me that we had in fact been upgraded as the hotel was on its last three days of business it wasn't very busy so we were very excited.

We went back to level 1 in the cable car and were shown to our Two Bedroomed Pool villa ( number 11) it was again a wow , we went in from the top floor as there is a door at the top and at the bottom of the villa , the top floor had a lovely double bedroom with a sofa bed , a balcony with a view to die for overlooking the island of Evia , it was amazing , there was a big bathroom with a walk in shower etc and all the wardrobes were in between the bedroom and the bathroom , you then walked downstairs and there was a lounge area with a table and chairs , a sofa and a sofa bed , a little dressing room with wardrobes , area for making tea and coffe , a safe , a bathroom with a walk in shower , another double bedroom with a sofa bed and direct access on to the decked terrace with own swimming pool , there was access to the deck from both the ground floor bedroom and the lounge area , it was just perfect .

Breakfast is served in the main restaurant which is inside but open air with an amazing view , it consisted of everything you would expect of a five star hotel including freshly squeezed orange juice which means a lot to me , omelette cooked to order along with pancakes and waffles , there was all hams, cheese, croissants, Greek yogurt , Greek honey , fresh fruits , you name it and it was there along with filter coffe , cappuccino, latte , speciality teas , breakfast is served from eight in the morning until eleven which is a nice sociable time , we did not eat in the restaurant in the evening but apparently the food is excellent , we ate at the pool bar lunch time and the food was very good , for some reason they had a big problem this year with wasps and my husband got stung in the mouth whilst taking a bite of his sandwich , we saw people with what look like a closed in oil burner on their tables and we wondered what it was and it was burning coffee to make it smoke to keep the wasps away , it didn't seem to work for us but at least they were trying to rectify the problem.

The pool bar is really nice , again it was end of season so not a lot of atmosphere or people which we liked but would be buzzing in full season , it had some very quirky chairs and tables .

There is a covered over children's play area with a little pool for them to play in which was really sweet and at least it is all covered over.

There is a Spa obviously with the name of the hotel which I didn't go to but offered you all the treatments you would expect from an establishment like that.

The beach is stoney as most are in the Greek islands so you do need to take a pair of swim shoes with you , I love those sort of beachs because you don't get sand everywhere , the sun heats up the stones which in turn makes the water nice and warm and clear to swim in , I have been to a lot of Caribbean islands and I have to say that some of the warmest waters I have swam in is the Greek islands and this was no exception.

There was plenty of sunbeds and shades , the sea gets deep quite quickly so you do have to be careful , what we found is we went and walked around by the rocks where it appeared to be reasonably shallow and you can practically walk around to melia beach around the corner from the hotel , it was great as there were lots of little inlets and quite a few people nude sun bathing so be ware .

We absolutely loved the Adrina Resort and Spa , the Hotel itself is very modern , every room appears to have a view , they are like little bungalows , I had originally booked a first floor seaview room but they are all sea facing and I wouldn't have thought even with villas in front you would have some sort of view that would not disappoint you , I will definitely go and stay there again , it is a great base it is on a quiet side of the island , panormos bay is a twenty minute walk away with a handful of bars and restaurants , if you want to ho to Skopolos Town it cost around three euros eighty for a bus one way or twenty euros in a taxi and it has loads of restaurants and a few amazing rooftop bars so definitely worth going and you can also go to Glossa which is a beautiful hilltop resort overlooking the harbour of Loutraki and costs around two euros fifty each or taco twenty euros and has some amazing rooftop bars again and beautiful restaurants.

We would just like to say a massive big thank you to Alexandra , Amy who had a brilliant sense of humour and all of the staff who was very friendly and made our time in Skopolos and the Adrina Resort and Spa very special , we will back so watch out

Room tip: Villa 11 two bedroomed with own pool
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheena1962
Reviewed September 30, 2017

This hotel is something special with it's own little beach. The food was amazing and I would definitely go back. Only downside is it's about twenty mins or more to the town.

Staff were attentive and friendly.

Room tip: We booked a house and it was roomy and clean. Beautiful views from the bedroom.
Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed September 25, 2017

The hotel has a very friendly staff. Location of the hotel was perfect. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also very tasty. I would recomend this to our friends. I have also made a reservation for next stay

Room tip: pool villa nr. 23
1  Thank Krzysztof W
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Amazing resort, hardware is faboulos and the scenery is really a dream. We just felt that the staff does not really care and does not make the resorts a 5stars impression. No personal touch.

Adrina resorts is definetly a beautiful place to escape, really quiet

Reviewed September 18, 2017

if we decide to come back in Sporades islands that will be for sure to spend days in Adrina Resort & Spa
we should recommend facilities , the serenity of the place , more than friendly staff and the feeling that you spend time in close relatives house as a special guest

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple