Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Our daughter had a memorable day!

We did not stay at the retreat, but just signed up for a session on the trapeze and silks for our... read more

Reviewed August 2, 2018
Renee D
Atlanta, Georgia
Pura Vida

There are so many amazing things about this place it is hard to figure out where to start. Let’s... read more

Reviewed June 9, 2018
greeneyesdunn
Athens, Georgia

All reviews costa rica an amazing experience in addition flying trapeze year old daughter pura vida every morning her husband beautiful waterfall no matter amazing location howler monkeys care and attention once in a lifetime beauty jungle valley
Reviewed December 4, 2015

Jonathon and Christine are two of the nicest people we've met in Costa Rica. Their aerial set-up, patient instructing methods and world-class experience made our trapeze experience INCREDIBLE! Don't think you can trapeze? We didn't either but left completing many basic tricks that were extremely exhilarating. Give it a shot! Bigger rush that zipline...

Date of experience: November 2015
Jonathon C, Owner at Airborne Arts, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Thank you so much. Come back and visit us!

Reviewed November 11, 2015

The location is absolutely beautiful! The trapeze rig is set up outside with a view to both the coast and to the 600' Diamante waterfall. This was my first time trying the trapeze and I enjoyed it so much I'm doing it at home too! I was a little nervous about the height and about if I'd have the strength to hang on to the bar and do anything (other than fall) but didn't have any issues once I started. Everyone was very encouraging and made it a really fun experience; even when the tricks didn't go exactly as they were supposed to. Jonathan was an excellent teacher! He gave me pointers/tips so that I was able to improve each time I went up the ladder.

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Jessica H

We hope you can come back!

Reviewed August 19, 2015

Just awesome! Jonathan and his team are wonderful. My 7 and 9 year-old children and I took a two hour lesson while we were in the Dominical area. It was just a bit hard to find but the directions they give are very detailed and easy to follow. The staff was very professional and you can tell they just love what they do. The backdrop of this location makes it even that much more amazing. We will be back and who knows I might even sign up for one of their weeks away during the winter! Seriously - don't miss this!!

Date of experience: August 2015

Thank you so much. We hope that you can come back for more fun!

Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

Jonathan and Chris made us feel right at home. I did not expect that we would get to try flying, but that is exactly what we did. After teaching us some basic skills, my 15 year old daughter and I both flew by trapeze to the safety of our amazing catcher. They were so very patient with my 8 year old that he got to give the trapeze a go as well. The drive up is beautiful and once you arrive it is like entering a magical little world. Very highly recommend this experience!

Date of experience: August 2015

We'd love to have you back for more fun!

Reviewed July 30, 2015

We stayed on site with Chrissy and Jonathon and did flying trapeze and aerial silks lessons. They were the perfect hosts, and we were served fresh delicious organic home cooked food every day.There was no need to find a restaurant as their food was of such high quality and it would have been disappointing to eat elsewhere. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and the house, aerial deck and trapeze has spectacular views of the waterfall and surrounding mountains. The climate is great for aerials; not too hot as it is in the mountains above the sea. Both are amazing aerial coaches and I got so much out of taking lessons with both of them. Chrissy is a world class aerialist and acrobat and travels all of the world to perform. Jonathon started Trapeze School New York and is great at coaching all levels of flying trapeze. There is plenty to do outside of aerials- hikes to waterfalls, surfing in Dominical and two national parks close by (Ballena and Manuel Antonia) to mention a few. This was our favourite area of Costa Rica as it is secluded without many tourists. You are also likely to see Costa Rican wildlife in their backyard. We stayed a week but could have easily stayed longer.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Simsimanna

We hope to have you here again. By the way, we have some retreats coming up in January and February. Or come anytime. ;-)