Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Our daughter had a memorable day!

We did not stay at the retreat, but just signed up for a session on the trapeze and silks for our... read more

Reviewed August 2, 2018
Renee D
Atlanta, Georgia
Pura Vida

There are so many amazing things about this place it is hard to figure out where to start. Let’s... read more

Reviewed June 9, 2018
greeneyesdunn
Athens, Georgia

All reviews costa rica an amazing experience in addition flying trapeze year old daughter pura vida every morning her husband beautiful waterfall no matter amazing location howler monkeys care and attention once in a lifetime beauty jungle valley
Reviewed April 2, 2015

What a great experience we had today at Airborne Arts! We could never have imagined doing something so exciting. They have excellent instructor and it was so easy to do! Even the youngest kids loved it. Highly recommend this experience!

Date of experience: April 2015
Jonathon C, Owner at Airborne Arts, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

We hope to have you again. ;-)

Reviewed March 24, 2015

Great Fun and Great instructors, very friendly and will have you trapezing in style no matter what you abilities are. A real adrenaline rush, highly recommended!

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank therealmjl

Come back for some more fun. :-)

Reviewed March 22, 2015

From the moment I rounded the corner, entering Dominical, I was INSPIRED. Inspired by the 30 ft high flying trapeze - something I never had the chance to try. I had to know more... was it a performance, was this for private classes. Then, there was the sign classes mornings and evenings!! So, I waltzed in a threw a ton of questions about safety, minimum age, experience needed. After collecting my answers, I decided go for it and bring the kiddos, too.

I could go on and on about how much I loved the experience - but the best part... watching the kids. Seeing them overcome doubt, conquering fear, and learning to love a new activity, that's what every parent lives for.

The instructors are wonderful - so nice to have such talent in the area. I am amazed to see how well they work with all ages and abilities.

Flying trapeze is right up there with the other great activities this magical rainforest has to offer. If you love thrill-seeker activities like surfing, whitewater rafting, zip lining, hiking, anything active, I highly recommend this. Maybe you'll even become a "frequent Flyer" like my family!!!

Date of experience: February 2015

We hope that you come back now that we are in an even more magnificent location.

Reviewed March 19, 2015

Our teenage daughter and her friend had a great time here. The insructors tailored the experince to the skill level of the partcipants perfectly.

Date of experience: March 2015

Reviewed February 18, 2015

Last week I was in Costa Rica paragliding along the coast with a group of friends from the states.

As we turned down the road to our hotel, I noticed some young athletes swinging and flying on a circus sized trapeze towering high above the ground, complete with safety nets.

Immediately, I demanded my buddy to stop the car, as this was something I had always wanted to try and this place had all the proper safety gear to do so. As we stood by the road watching a routine complete, I was hoping they would consider adding a last minute student. When the instructor (Donovan) was free, he offered me to join the lesson in progress and to make whatever donation I felt comfortable with.

Before I knew it, I was donning a harness and was climbing a thirty foot ladder. This is the good part. You see, over the years I've enjoyed many exciting sports and activities that require skill and eye hand coordination, but most of the time the instructors are alpha males who have egos that leave more of a lasting memory than the event itself. This was completely the opposite with Donovan and crew. These young people were very patient and courteous, encouraging me, that once my full flip was achieved they egged me on for the big catch. Yes, that's right in less than an hours' time I was considering swinging from a trapeze by my knees and letting go, only to be caught by the arms of a complete stranger.

It didn't take much to talk me into it, but after one failed attempt they wouldn't let me quit without one more try. So with a lot more chalk and a little more timing and focus I was flying and successfully caught by my new friend Daniel. As I departed, I donated the last handful of US dollars I had with me and wished I had more to give.

My only regret is, I didn't find this until the end of my trip, as I would have loved to have spent days there building strength and skill. Airborne Arts does everything possible to help you afford, and safely enjoy a once in a lifetime experience. If you're in Costa Rica make the drive to Dominical and don't miss flying in safety.

Date of experience: February 2015