“Lovely vacation in Alpine beauty”

Naturhotel LechLife
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wangle
Hamburg, Germany
“Lovely vacation in Alpine beauty”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I want to say thanks to Fürstenhof hotel where I enjoyed a lovely 5 day vacation and I regret that I did not remain longer.
Alpine beauty of the hills and valleys formed a very pleasant frame to hotel building, where I could enjoy view from the room, and other parts of the hotel.
My personal contact with the country was indescribable and again I want to thank Mrs. Heinz hotel receptionist, who sat with me and made me my personal plan! So I enjoyed the most beautiful route in close areas, I made a trip to distant areas – Neuschanstein Castle (which is in reality really huge and magnificent). After a long day hike I enjoyed offer of wellness centre.
I was very pleased by food, because there was a lot from regional specialties, and I like that.
Certainly I will come here again. I have a my camera and my heart full of holidays.

Room Tip: Choose family suite, it is only few Euros more but a lot more space.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Franz E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Padua, Italy
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Visit this hotel was like find the lost treasure. Beautiful surroundings, friendly staff, unexpectedly large and comfortable rooms. Small wellness was exactly what we need. And especially the hotel was not crowded. Everyone had time for us and we had enough privacy - it is priceless!

Room Tip: We had Family suite number 11, which was too big for us - only 2 people. But suite had 2 large rooms...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Warm welcome and warm rooms. Everybody was very nice to us and skiing was right behind the hotel with brand new cabin lift. Special thanks to hotel staff for providing starting cables for our "frozen" car. We come in summer again.

Room Tip: No. 22 was good room with spacious terrace
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This hotel is dated and needs to be brought up to modern standards.

For example, we were told that dinner stopped being served at 8pm (on a Friday night!) Dinner was ok, although the bread was stale. There were no other food services provided after this time (not any food or drink/minibar in the room) so we were told we had to drive to a local town for supplies. This meant buying junk food from the petrol station 20 mins drive away. Breakfast was of good quality overall.

The barthroom did not have a proper shower, just a short hose attachment on the bath which required kneeling to shower in the tub! The TV in the room was tiny and had very poor reception and few channels. Hotel service was very good, but not good enough to make up for the disappointing aspects. The pool area closed at 7pm as well...

The location is quiet and the hotel has lovely views of the Alps. But having paid well over EUR 100 for one night's accommodation, we would definitely not return... This is a 2-3 star hotel at best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LCR776
Dortmund, Germany
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Great hotel – we were surprised about the full service. Our expectations were to spend a few days holiday in total calm ambience, and it was fulfilled. We could really enjoy the swimming pool and wellness. The calm reading in garden was just an excellent idea – more hotels could offer this kind of activity. The room was spacy, nice and very clean. We had the half pension and I have to tell – was done really in excellent way. Especially the dinners were totally tasty and professionally served. We could also visit Germany, less than 10 km - we could visit the castle „Neuschwanstein“, which I dreamed to see long time before. So – my recommendation is: GO there and enjoy!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This hotel showed its age, lacking the small benefits of a 4 star. The rooms were last renovated a while back, and could use an upgrade; however, everything was clean and functional. Although the service was good and the staff friendly, a few small things were missing. For example, internet was available for all rooms; however, in reality, it was only available in a 50 foot radius from the lobby. The no-kid policy for the pool in the afternoon also makes this difficult for families. Overall, if the hotel makes it more convenient for families and business travelers, it's location makes everything worth visiting.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wangle
Hotel Maximilian
#9 of 12 in Reutte
Gutshof zum Schluxen
Gutshof zum Schluxen
#4 of 12 in Reutte

Been to Naturhotel LechLife? Share your experiences!