Or original intention was to find a hotel close enough to Lisbon, but far enough away that we didn't feel like we were in the city. We stumbled upon Penna Longa thought ritz Carlton website and figured the location looked right and being a Ritz Carlton property it had to be good.
After 5 days I can say this is one if our favourite resorts
anywhere. The setting is nothing short of magnificent, the food, service and overall atmosphere makes you feel lucky to have found it. Great property for families. Now going on day 6 I'm not sure i will actually make it to Lisbon as I just don't want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk in the footsteps of royalty along the gorgeous Estoril coastal region of Portugal. Penha Longa Resort traces its origins back to the 16th century, includes a landmark monastery that was built on its ground and has been a frequent retreat of Portuguese royal and foreign dignitaries. A graceful palazzo-style estate set amongst the spectacular rolling hills, lush gardens, and clear lakes of the southern Sintra mountains.The Penha Longa Resort features: 194 well-appointed guest rooms Five exceptional dining facilities Two world-class, championship golf courses A state-of-the-art 1,500 square meter spa Numerous indoor and outdoor recreational amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Penha Longa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Penha Longa Hotel & Golf Linho
- Penha Longa Hotel And Golf Resort
- Ritz Carlton Linho
- Penha Longa Resort Portugal/Linho