Penha Longa Resort
Pestana Sintra Golf(Sintra)(Great Value!)
$112
$101
Pestana Hotel Group
Ibis Lisboa Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Pool
$108
$104
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nova Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
$104
1,462 results
All reviewsritz carltonbeautiful resortkids clubstar resortgolf resortexecutive suiteindoor poolshort drivesushi restaurantgreat golf courselobby barlisbon airportlong weekendsix sensesmonasterysintraspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Rested in the hotel at the end of September. All just great! Luxury, beauty, wonderful nature!
In our case, there was one, but ...... Perhaps due to the date of our visit. Of lived 10 days, two days were quiet and sunny, our hotel is located in a wind rose, cost us just to go through the gate and drive at a few hundred meters, as we were in the heat and sun, as soon as we returned to the hotel, it is the strongest wind, I was wrapped in a light jacket, it was very disappointing that before reaching Cascais see people full of beaches, even though that is the end of September, and returned to the hotel hiding from the wind. But again, I do not know how in the other months. Pool we got to take advantage of two days, when the sun was our territory and it was quiet.
From Portugal, an excellent experience. The hotel is very luxurious, have been together with my wife, so strongly drawn to the conditions for children. The staff is very friendly.
Go ride a horse. Bought a full dress, it stands there kopeyki.Ochen have traveled to Portugal itself leaving after breakfast and returning in the evening, so that the rest were very pleased. And it's small, but we did not stop much.
Far away from the ocean, just by car.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank andyl2001
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 7 nights and really enjoyed myself. The staff were fantastic, especially the front desk staff and bellboys/doormen.

The place is not huge which was just right for me. I liked the fact that it was on the smaller, comfy side. Also, as a runner, I really ejoyed running around the golf course in the morning and around in the nearby hills/forest.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Drewskya
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The setting of this hotel and golf course is spectacular. It is part of an old monastery which they converted into conference and banqueting rooms, some of which are amazing.

The hotel itself is new and well laid out. The service is good, lots of smiles and helpful staff.
They organized our complex business conference of 200 people quite well.
About the hotel: Being a Ritz-Carlton they got a lot of things right, BUT they also got a lot of things wrong that personally really annoyed me, especially for the money paid.

1. There is a nice Nespresso machine in the room with a full display of different capsules. That brought a smile to my face thinking I could have a fist cup of coffee before heading off to breakfast. I thought this was a really nice step up from the usual "Kettle and Nescafe instant sachets", and was ready to give Ritz-Carlton a thumbs up for that nice touch. HOWEVER they do not openly tell you that what used to be a complimentary offering (free) now comes with a hefty charge of 2 euros per capsule. So your traditional free coffee/tea making facilities have been upgraded but now come at your cost. The worst thing is they hide the price list (literally impossible to find!) so you would have no clue. Luckily I was told about this by a colleague, so didn't make the mistake but I personally find this unacceptable, I actually felt quite insulted and cheated.
2. The room although great is missing some basics you would expect in any hotel, especial one that specifically caters for weddings and events: A full length mirror! Very annoying, yet many places to put one (or 3 even!). Also, the desk area, where you would expect to have to plug in a computer does not have a spare plug space, so to charge your laptop. you have to unplug a lamp and still can't charge your phone. I had to unplug something from my bedside table to charge my phone and it was not easy to do or reach. That would easily result in forgetting your charger there as the plug was hidden behind the headboard.
Another thing was the insulation of the balcony doors. It was very windy there and one night I heard a strange noise in my room, it sounded like someone was snoring very loudly. I investigated and found out that it was the gap between the 2 sliding doors making that vibration sound and lost a night's sleep. My solution was to jam a magazine between the doors to open the gap and reduce the vibration. It worked but the room had a draft.
3. Concierge service: Great service from the reception team, however as soon as you ask them to do something out of the ordinary they really start to struggle and you realize they don't have any real processes in place to transmit information from 1 concierge to the next or from 1 shift leader to the next. I asked for flowers to be delivered to the event organisers who were based at reception a lot and specifically told them to hide the flowers until they deliver them to our main event at 3 pm, only to find them openly displayed on the reception desk all afternoon with their names on them, which totally spoiled the surprise, yet this was mentioned to them on 3 separate occasions. They also lost some the hand written cards (which I had to do again), and one of which ended up on the floor in the driveway of the hotel for some reason.

So conclusions: For being a Ritz-Carlton, yes they get things right on the surface but some of their practices and attention to detail are really questionable. To me everything looks shiny on the surface, but behind the scenes things aren't quite as they seem.
They need to pay more attention to those all important details and focus more on the customer rather than rely on the way things look or the beauty of the setting or how they can make an extra buck. I certainly wouldn't trust them to host my wedding there if they can't get simple things right. Especially for the price! So I have to say I was disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BarcelonaBcn
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very nice property the room are spacious and very comfortable
Excellent breakfast, and the few restaurant we tasted during our stay were nice.
Service is outstanding.
The region offer a lot of activities.
Golf was not in the best shape during our stay

Room Tip: Recommend to ask near the lift and nice view otherwise you are on for a long long walk
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank marcnus
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is set in a beautiful park only 20 minutes from the airport. It is a perfect place for a long weekend with great facilities and an enthusiastic staff that make you feel welcome from beginning till end.
For golfers the 2 courses are good challenge with wonderful views. The food is excellent in all the restaurants and the chef's table at Arola is a culinary delight.
The hotel staff was by far the best hotel staff we have found in Europe and for anyone interested in finding out more about Portugal they will provide you all the answers with great detail.
This was our second stay and we will make it a regular visit. A long weekend here is a real holiday. Thanks again Penha Longa

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple