The setting of this hotel and golf course is spectacular. It is part of an old monastery which they converted into conference and banqueting rooms, some of which are amazing.
The hotel itself is new and well laid out. The service is good, lots of smiles and helpful staff.
They organized our complex business conference of 200 people quite well.
About the hotel: Being a Ritz-Carlton they got a lot of things right, BUT they also got a lot of things wrong that personally really annoyed me, especially for the money paid.
1. There is a nice Nespresso machine in the room with a full display of different capsules. That brought a smile to my face thinking I could have a fist cup of coffee before heading off to breakfast. I thought this was a really nice step up from the usual "Kettle and Nescafe instant sachets", and was ready to give Ritz-Carlton a thumbs up for that nice touch. HOWEVER they do not openly tell you that what used to be a complimentary offering (free) now comes with a hefty charge of 2 euros per capsule. So your traditional free coffee/tea making facilities have been upgraded but now come at your cost. The worst thing is they hide the price list (literally impossible to find!) so you would have no clue. Luckily I was told about this by a colleague, so didn't make the mistake but I personally find this unacceptable, I actually felt quite insulted and cheated.
2. The room although great is missing some basics you would expect in any hotel, especial one that specifically caters for weddings and events: A full length mirror! Very annoying, yet many places to put one (or 3 even!). Also, the desk area, where you would expect to have to plug in a computer does not have a spare plug space, so to charge your laptop. you have to unplug a lamp and still can't charge your phone. I had to unplug something from my bedside table to charge my phone and it was not easy to do or reach. That would easily result in forgetting your charger there as the plug was hidden behind the headboard.
Another thing was the insulation of the balcony doors. It was very windy there and one night I heard a strange noise in my room, it sounded like someone was snoring very loudly. I investigated and found out that it was the gap between the 2 sliding doors making that vibration sound and lost a night's sleep. My solution was to jam a magazine between the doors to open the gap and reduce the vibration. It worked but the room had a draft.
3. Concierge service: Great service from the reception team, however as soon as you ask them to do something out of the ordinary they really start to struggle and you realize they don't have any real processes in place to transmit information from 1 concierge to the next or from 1 shift leader to the next. I asked for flowers to be delivered to the event organisers who were based at reception a lot and specifically told them to hide the flowers until they deliver them to our main event at 3 pm, only to find them openly displayed on the reception desk all afternoon with their names on them, which totally spoiled the surprise, yet this was mentioned to them on 3 separate occasions. They also lost some the hand written cards (which I had to do again), and one of which ended up on the floor in the driveway of the hotel for some reason.
So conclusions: For being a Ritz-Carlton, yes they get things right on the surface but some of their practices and attention to detail are really questionable. To me everything looks shiny on the surface, but behind the scenes things aren't quite as they seem.
They need to pay more attention to those all important details and focus more on the customer rather than rely on the way things look or the beauty of the setting or how they can make an extra buck. I certainly wouldn't trust them to host my wedding there if they can't get simple things right. Especially for the price! So I have to say I was disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk in the footsteps of royalty along the gorgeous Estoril coastal region of Portugal. Penha Longa Resort traces its origins back to the 16th century, includes a landmark monastery that was built on its ground and has been a frequent retreat of Portuguese royal and foreign dignitaries. A graceful palazzo-style estate set amongst the spectacular rolling hills, lush gardens, and clear lakes of the southern Sintra mountains.The Penha Longa Resort features: 194 well-appointed guest rooms Five exceptional dining facilities Two world-class, championship golf courses A state-of-the-art 1,500 square meter spa Numerous indoor and outdoor recreational amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Penha Longa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Penha Longa Hotel & Golf Linho
- Penha Longa Hotel And Golf Resort
- Ritz Carlton Linho
- Penha Longa Resort Portugal/Linho