“quiet oasis with great garden”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lentini
Al Giardino Dei Cavalieri
Ranked #1 of 7 Lentini B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“quiet oasis with great garden”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a great time in Al Giardino Dei Cavalieri.
The house is great, very historic, and a place to get some peace.
after arrival, we had to wait for a moment to get shown through the house, but we used the time to explore the rooms and the lovely garden.
Everything was clean, and the owner very helpful with tips on places to see.
The breakfast got surfed in the lovely old kitchen and was really good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Everything was perfect : friendly hosts, cosy & tasty breakfirst, beautiful garden, clean and large rooms in what used to be a convent.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We chose this B&B based on reviews here and the site's notice that they have wireless internet in all the guest rooms. this was a requirement of every place we stayed while on this trip because we had to be able to contact home regularly.

The B&B Gardens are indeed very lovely, and the owner was very helpful to us at the start.
However, when we asked about the wifi, she said "no not in the rooms, just the courtyard." Well, we would make do and hope it didn't rain - we only needed it once or twice a day. But no, the wifi in the courtyard did not work . She said we could try in the kitchen, except that she locks that room.
I get that it's an old house with thick walls - but if that's the case, don't advertise that you have this in every guest room when it is in none.

Unfortunately, we decided to check out after one night because of the lack of internet access (we were booked for four days) - but we did explain that it was a lovely place and we were sorry to go. That's when it got sour.

The owner was clearly upset, told us that we could not pay her by credit card ( as advertised on their site), charged us more than the previously quoted price, and began loudly talking to a cleaning lady about the Americans and what a problem they are (We're Canadian, if it matters).

Friendly service and the lovely gardens would allow someone to overlook a few things, but since we only got 1/2 on that score, let me just say that the room, while historical and nice enough, smelled of damp, there were damp patches on the walls, the bed is like concrete, the shower door was broken and the toilet was not even adhered to the floor.

Add that to the really lousy attitude we got while trying to politely leave... I'm certainly not going to recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Find one without damp patches and a toilet that won't tip over.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl C
algiardi, Direttore at Al Giardino Dei Cavalieri, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
I believe it must be rememberd how the events took place the day in which I met these Sirs.
At about 5 o’clock pm they called me to receive indications to arrive in our B&B, so I said immediately to be available to meet them in a place that is very easy to reach, the house of the city.
We moved from there to the B&b, where i shown them the guest room and all the additional Services of our B&b, like tv,ac,set of equipment, free water and snacks. I remember to have specified that the wireless didn’t work very well in that moment, so it was necessary to stay in places closer to the main signal, namely the kitchen or the garden adjacent to their room. It is worth to underline that the kitchen door has never been close.
I asked The Sirs if they were satisfy of the things I explained and they answered positively.
When they asked for a good restaurant in which have dinner that evening, I propose that I would have guide them there and we were agree on meet at 8 p.m.
Then we went to the restaurant, where I said to the owner to offer a special service to them.
The morning after when I was going out to buy tipical food for their breakfast, like local bread and sicilian croissants I saw the husbund in the garden that was taking a lot of pictures.7
I asked if the stay was enjoyble and he aswered that our B&b was really charming.
At the 8,30, the time in which they said to want to have the breakfast, all was ready. I waited until 9.30 a.m, when I knock on their room. The wife said to me that owing to the wireless problem they would have left the room the same morning. She looked really annoied, even if she was informed of it the previous day.
After twenty minutes they had breakfast. The husband shown to be very helpful for the hospitality, but she didn’t .
When they asked to pay by credit card I said to them that is it isn’t possible in my B&b and that on the website it is specified that you can pay by credit card just throught the paypal circuite.
The price they paied was the list price, because the promotional one was referred to the long stay for which they had booked.
Furthermore there was anybody that spoke loudly about American or Canadian.
For us is such a big plesure to host foreign customers,that we have never said any inopportune word in relation to them. Almost we really like giving hospitality to someone who doens’t know our culture, our places, to guide them in the discovery of it.
As regards as the condition of the rooms , if would be true that “ there were damp patches on the walls, the bed is like concrete, the shower door was broken and the toilet was not even adhered to the floor” , as they said, they could publish some pictures about it.
I would like to report the way in which they have defined our behaviour, “lousy attitude”, just to specify that I really took care in order that their stay was enjoyble.
Nurmijarvi, Finland
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at the house 16.8-25.8.2011 .
The place is beutiful: an old house, surrounded by a beautiful garden with Sicilian trees. We felt like living in some movie. Can not be real, but is! The rooms were beautiful, clean and comfortable. Hostess Giuliana and her mother created a special atmosphere, where we had as a guest a very warm treatment.
The food was also very good.
We would definitely come again.

Ciao,

Riitta, Tuuli and Jorma from Finland

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jorma K
malta
Reviewed April 24, 2010

B & B is situated in a very good location to travel in all directions to sicily, from catania to palermo. Is very central and has a beautiful courtyard. I recommended alot for short breaks. Very handsome owner

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank the_balzans_Malta
Stockholm
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I would strongly recommend the "Al Giardino dei cavalieri" B&B in Lentini Sicilia for whoever as always dreamed to sleep in an historical place with modern confort. The B&B is located in a tiny former ancient hold by the Templars during the Middle Age. Both building and garden are beautiful. The family who run the B&B has been the owner of the place for the last 100 years and can tell you all its secrets! They are extremely friendly and it is worst asking them advise on where to go for dinner (there is an amazing little restaurant at the corner) and what to see in Sicily. The rooms are very confortable and clean with chocolate waiting for you at the side of the bed. You can enjoy a trully Sicilian breakfast with amazing oranges and sicilian pastries. We love remembering having been in Lentini and spent a night in this unique environment.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mudatik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lentini
Il Giardino del Sole
Masseria Militti
Agriturismo Badiula
Agriturismo Badiula
#1 of 6 in Carlentini

Been to Al Giardino Dei Cavalieri? Share your experiences!