“Exceptional ambience and service”
Review of Crab Shack Gorey

Crab Shack Gorey
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Gorey
Cuisines: European, Seafood, British, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: My Bus number 1 and 1A stop at the bus treminus in Gorey Harbour.
Description: For a quick lunch or leisurely dinner, Crab Shack Gorey guarantees excellent service in a comfortable environment, with breathtaking views over the Royal Bay of Grouville and Mont Orgueil Castle.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The booking through Top Table was easy, the reception and hospitality superb, and the food to die for- exceptional

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Unfortunately (or I should say fortunately) this was my second visit in 3 years. My first was not good either so I was hoping for a better experience given some of the reviews and word on the street (I live in Grouville). What a disappointment. My bit of advice - I would remove the tempura prawns and ribs from your specials/menu. It is horrendous and probably the worst main course I have had in years. Not sure why the attention to detail is so different from what you get at The Oyster Box. We will not be back.

1  Thank Skabenga
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Got a recommendation from a collegue, so we walked up the hill from the bus stop at the pier for having lunch. Sitting outside, we had a perfect view over to the castle and the sea. Service very polite and fast. Food was very good and well done at very reasonable prices. Even got special menu for kids. my family and myself will definetly come back while staying in Jersey next time. I do recommend the castle green 100%!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We ate here by chance on Thursday after a fantastic meal at one of their sister restaurants elsewhere on the island. What can I say? The location is to die for, if the weather permits eat outside overlooking the harbour and looking up to the castle. The food is fresh and beautifully prepared. We had the scallops with crab and local vegetable risotto and the linguine with Jersey Chancre crab meat. Both were excellent, beautifully prepared and presented and divine to eat.

Whatever the magic that this small group of restaurants has they need to bottle it and sell it as, if our experience is anything to go by, they are on to an absolute goldmine!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Ate here twice, on a Monday and Saturday. On both days there were specials available. There is an excellent choice of local fish and meat dishes imaginatively prepared by people who know a thing or two about flavour. Check out the menu online to whet your appetite at castlegreenjersey.co.uk. There is something to tempt anyone's pallet. There is an excellent choice of wines. The service is excellent.This restaurant is well worth the climb up from the harbour and you could always park outside! We will be eating here again. Booking is advisable at potentially busy times.