“A beautiful spot to inhale the beauty of the...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
franytheg...
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“A beautiful spot to inhale the beauty of the earth and enjoy the company of those you love.”
Reviewed December 7, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

This was our second visit to Ana's home on Playa Kuka this year. Again, we loved the house for its comfort, brightness and the way it fits in to the environment. There are lots of birds to view each morning in the vegetation around the property. Swimming and walking the beach are such lovely ways to enjoy this unique spot in the Yucatan. Again we took a birding trip by boat with Alberth and saw such a variety-flamingoes, osprey, hawks, pelicans and much more. A crocodile came alongside our boat too. It was a great experience. Rio Lagartos is an interesting, vibrant town.
The house is very well equipped and David is always on hand when something is needed.
I imagine we will return to Plays Kuka. It is a perfectly lovely spot. Thank you, Ana, for sharing this place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and the comfort of the home.
Liked least: Having to leave!
Traveling group: Extended Family
People with pets
Dec 8, 2016
It was great welcoming you and your family again! I am so happy you had fun, and that you got to see a crocodile in your tour.
It is my pleasure to share my house with nature lovers.
Hope to see you soon!
Warm regards
Ana
Sophie_HK...
Boulder, Colorado
“So relaxing, can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed December 4, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Going to Ria Luz was like stepping out of reality and into a world where the beauty of nature can wipe away all your stress. The location was beautiful and so removed from the hustle and bustle of any town that I felt so free. It was an incredible luxury to be able to lounge around all day with the warm breezes coming in through the open windows, or to walk along a beach that was barely 30 feet from the house. And then, at night, the sky was so vast and the stars were so bright it was like I was swimming in the sea of space.

The house was beautifully designed, down to the last detail of the colors of the lamps and the decorations in the kitchen. I tell everyone I can about this place, because it's an incredible place.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Dec 5, 2016
Thank you Sophie! So happy to hear that you and your friends had such a good relaxing time. It is a special and unique place and it seems you all enjoyed it to the most... Please, come back! I would love to host you again.
IHkilma12...
London
“Hidden Gem!!”
Reviewed December 4, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Stayed for a week and we had an amazing time.
I thought this kind of places didn't exist: Perfect private beach, beautiful house and as much fresh fish as you can dream.
The place is in a secluded setting ideal for people after something different. You can stay in and enjoy kilometres of unspoiled beach or explore nature (the pelican tour is a must). If you like cooking you can get fresh fish or you can go to a charming town nearby.
The house is great and everything is sorted for you. All we had to do was enjoy the views!
We'll definitely come back!

Dec 5, 2016
Thank you Ivan! It was a pleasure hosting you and your wife. You were the perfect guests, and i am delighted to hear that you had such a good time. Please, consider Ría Luz the next time you are looking to unplug from the intensity of city life and you are thirsty to be in nature and see the stars at night!
Mathew N
Kansas City, Missouri
“Amazing Views in Spectacularly Comfortable Home”
Reviewed December 16, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Staying at Ría Luz was one of the best travel decisions my friends and I have ever made. Ría Luz is not only comfortable, but stunning. The open expanses of sea and land are as stunning as they are breathtaking. From within the house you can see for miles in every direction and it all just feels so connected. The enormous open windows of the space allow you to feel the air as it flows and smell the ocean as it crashes upon the sand. This is not your everyday beach house. Moreover, the interior is simple in a way that reflects the surrounding area, but is also surprisingly detailed. It is easy to see the time and effort that has gone into crafting and curating such a lovely home -- I felt like I was living in the home of an artist.

Getting from the Cancun airport to the home was long, but we had no problems because of the clear instructions we received from Ana, the homeowner. From the moment we arrived, there was someone ready to welcome us and make us feel at home. We made the right decision in having groceries delivered and ready for us upon arrival -- everything is so much more simple when you don't have to worry about rounding up food. Comfort is an essential part of the Ría Luz experience.

My friends and I stayed at Ría Luz for a week and there were plenty of things to keep us busy. We spent the first couple of days on the beach -- less than a minute walk from the house -- relaxing and catching up with one another. The weather was perfection, nothing but clear skies. We took the tour of the nature preserve surrounding the area as recommended by the homeowner and were thrilled at the sight of the dozens of birds that call this place home. The rest of the week we explored the local town, Río Lagartos, enjoyed fresh fish, and relished in the time we got to spend with each other away from our busy lives. The whole time we were there, someone would stop by to make sure we felt comfortable and had everything we needed. I am so grateful to Ana, the homeowner, for effort in making us feel right at home. To put it quite simply: Ría Luz is paradise.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and the comfortable, spectacular home
Liked least: Absolutely nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Dec 20, 2015
Thank you Mathew for the great review! So happy you and your friends enjoyed your stay at my house so much. Preparing my house to receive guests have been a pleasure, and an adventure, and I am delighted that I can share it with others. And as you say, the place is paradise! You were great guests. I would love to have you again! Ana
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing