“The most perfect day in sunny Ireland”

Glendalough House Equestrian
Reviewed June 11, 2013

An amazing unforgettable day for 4 girls from London that had never ridden a horse before....The horses were just beautiful and so well behaved. The estate and surrounding countryside was stunning and Liam was so lovely and made the day what it was, a genuinely lovely chap.
We will definitely be going back but will try and get our other half's up on the horses next time. :o)
Perfect!!!

1  Thank GardengirlStAlbans

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Myself and my six year old daughter enjoyed a wonderful trek and picnic in Glendelough House in April 2013. We were made to feel very welcome by Liam and his team. The horses were top quality, very well schooled and kept. The scenery in the heart of Wicklow is exceptional. Liam took account of our differing levels of experience and managed to let me have a good canter across open ground while my daughter was supervised and experiencing the joy of a good trot. I would highly recommend Glendelough House Equestrian for trekking or horse riding in Wicklow.

1  Thank 644Ruth
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a brilliant time last weekend on a one hour trek with Liam and 2 super horses. Great value and I can't compliment the horses enough. Lovely to ride and so well behaved. All levels of experience catered for. both myself and my girlfriend had ridden before and had a fab time. The trek brings you through forest along a river and then back to the yard. A brilliant way to pass an hour. Will most definitely be back over the summer.

Thanks to Liam and all in the yard.

1  Thank tomtomtom3
Reviewed September 15, 2012

As was said before, this was the highlight of our 3 day trip to Wicklow County as well. My girlfriend, who is an experienced rider, and me having sat on horseback only 2 times before, were equally amazed.
The scenery is just beautiful, the guide Liam helpful and very friendly. But most of all, the horses are extremely well-trained and neat, just sweet animals and very reassuring.
We would recommend booking a 2 hour trek, as 1 hour is over much too soon.

Tino & Katharina from Karlsruhe, Germany

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I can't recommend this place highly enough. It’s an absolute hidden gem. The estate is gorgeous and very expansive. We trekked through woods, along and through rivers, open fields. The variation along the way is incredible.
Our guide was brilliant, very friendly and chatty and always there with a helpful suggestion or tip.
And of course the stars of the show, the horses. They are very clearly loved by the staff and it shows! Their stable conditions are better than most peoples houses and they are kept in immaculate condition. They have a nice variation of horses and seem wonderfully suited to all levels of rider.
I can’t recommend highly enough. I’ve only been once so far, but I will be back many more times.

2  Thank bocianain