“Best kept secret in Wicklow”

Glendalough House Equestrian
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The pony trekking at Glandalough House was the highlight of our holiday in Wicklow. Liam and Leah couldn't have been more welcoming and quickly put a nervous 8 year old and an equally nervous 38 year old at ease! Neither of us has ever been on a horse before but we will definitely be back. A thoroughly enjoyable trip and just wish we had booked a longer slot. 2 placid and contented ponies who are obviously well looked after and enjoy what they do. We will definitely be back.

3  Thank Magherafelt50

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We recently came back from a trip to Glendalough equestrian after decided for the first time to go horse trekking. This was my first time on a horse and I was a little unsure at the start but both Liam and my well trained (and patient :) horse soon put my mind at ease. The grounds and location are amazing as we slowly trekked through the fields and land of the estate. Liam's a great instructor, really attentive and tries to give you all the right advise when on the horse and handling the reigns.
Even after an hour I was already getting well used to it and learning fast. He also didn't rush in any way we just went at our own pace without looking at the clock. I couldn't recommend more going to Glendalough Equestrian. This definitely won't be the last time we go. The only thing I would suggest is to signpost it a bit more though from the road :) You'd easily drive past it without knowing.

2  Thank aliceinchainshead
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Glendalough House Equestrian is a fantastic place for treks from beginners to more advanced. This is my 4th time out for a trek here and I wish I could go more. The lead trail rider Liam is brilliant, puts you at ease right away and the horses are really well trained and make it all the easier! The scenery is really stunning and you completely forget about the "outside world". Its very easy to get to and I would highly recommend it as a experience to have.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This place is a little bit of heaven only approx 20 mins from the M11. So worth the trip. The estate is stunning and the lands are kept so well but I have to say the obvious effort that has been put into selecting their treking horses stands out. The most well mannered happy horses and ponies I have ever come across in a treking centre. Very pleasant and professional staff and Liam the head treking man is a gentleman and a true horseman. Sun or rain this is a fabulous experience.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

The Irish Cobb horses were just beautiful and also brilliant to ride. The estate and surrounding countryside are idyllic. And Liam is he greatest and most knowledgeable trekking guide you could wish for. It was a horseback ride that three girlfriends from America will never forget.