Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Intercontinental Flyer
San Francisco, California

Very nice and friendly host

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 1, 2016
Marta really went all the way to make our stay pleasurable. She is fun to talk to, her breakfast is legendary and she even provided towels and a blanket for our trip to the beach. My kids loved her cats. Moreover, she had very relevant suggestions for parking and food in Pisa, Lucca and her neighborhood. The old house is well kept, surrounded by a small garden and the room with direct access to the terrace was beautiful. The wifi was not so good, though, this seems to be a problem of the Italian Telecom in the area.
Date of stay: October 2016
Room Tip: In colder season, try to get a room with access to the terrace
Trip type: Traveled with family
    $98
1.5 miles from Marta Guest House
2.1 miles from Marta Guest House
View more hotels in Santa Maria del Giudice
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2016

Marta owns and runs a remarkable guest house. She and her staff are friendly, helpful and fun! The house is beautiful, and if you are into "quirky" there is lots here to keep you happy, like the collection of hats in the entrance hall and the amazing painted walls (eg swallows flying up the stairs). The ceilings, floors and light fittings throughout the house are all amazing. All the rooms are spotlessly clean, all individually decorated by hand. And the breakfasts are excellent. In summer these are taken in the lovely garden but when mornings get a little chilly, in the lovely dining room.

Room tip: The best rooms have huge balconies with loungers, table & chairs, and sun shade. The garden is free for anyone to use at any time tho'.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2016

By the time we had picked up our hire cars in Pisa and travelled to the guest house, it was almost midnight, but Marta was on hand to greet us and show us to our rooms. She even produced an impromptu birthday cake for my brother. This was typical of her kindness and enjoyment of running a guest house where customers soon become friends.

The rooms are large with high ceilings and comfortable beds. The best rooms also have a wide, sunny balcony. Breakfasts are a real speciality of the guest house and great care goes into producing different but equally tasty offerings each day. Marta is also very happy to offer suggestions and advice about excursions to see the sights of the region.

We spent a very enjoyable five days in Tuscany and will long remember the warmth of the hospitality we received.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Tim_Scott2014
Reviewed September 4, 2016

I simply confirm all the previous excellent reviews.
Breakfast is very special, some may love it, some may prefer simply good jam, good butter, and good bread (weak point). In our couple, one loved it, the other not.
I only regret that the house is in the village, with noisy neighbours, but it is not Marta's fault.
Thanks a lot Marta and Giorgio.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

I had read reviews of Marta's guesthouse and thought it couldn't be as perfect but it was. Marta is a warm, welcoming host and I seriously felt like I was staying in a friend's home. I was alone and Marta took care of me as if I was her only guest. I was given access to her kitchen to heat milk since I wasn't feeling well and she made sure I was comfortable all the time. Her beautiful breakfast is such a treat.

The villa itself is clean and welcoming. My room was fairly large with an ensuite. Though it is August I actually closed the windows at night since it got chilly.

Marta helped out with planning my trips and even gave me bus tickets to go to Lucca the first time and Pisa the next since I was without a car. On Sunday and the civic holiday there was no bus service and Marta's boyfriend dropped me to the train station on Sunday and I got a ride with one of her guests today.

I would highly recommend this home as a place to visit and make a base in Tuscany especially if driving a car. Since I had to use buses it was a bit inconvenient to use the local bus as they come only once in a while. However, the experience of staying with Marta would outweigh all the inconveniences.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

We had a perfect stay with Marta in her BnB. The breakfasts were amazing and alot of time and prep went into them. Marta was a wonderful hostess and helped make our stay fun for a 60th bday weekend. We surely made a new friend!

Trip type: Traveled with family