“Pig-out food!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
“Pig-out food!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We visited here whilst staying with family from Moncton. We were told that it does great seafood platters but what we weren't told was that everything is in batter!! When the plate arrived I felt sick just looking at it as there was enough on one plate to feed three people which was quit off putting. The scallops and clams were very good but part way through i ended up taking the batter off as it was just too much.
Ok if you don't mind eating loads of batter off polystyrene plates and with plastic cutlery but not for me.

Toronto, Canada
“Always stop here”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I grew up in Moncton but now live in Toronto. I always stop at the Bel Air. Clams are some of the best in the world and I love clams. The shrimp are also to die for. Portions are so huge that two grown men can't finish the combination platter. Don't miss. Chance to visit the Bel Air.

Edmonton, Canada
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very very expensive for a take out style restaurant with seating , slow service - they don't even give you your drinks to sip on while you're waiting. The clams were very good but no better tthan other local establishments, the fries were only so - so and there were oodles of them ! - the cole slaw was good , the roll acceptable. The portions were huge - if we had of known we would have only ordered one plate and saved ourselves a ton of money ........

Hamilton, Canada
“Too Much!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were recommend this restaurant by one of the Moncton locals. Anything the locals recommend, I pay attention to. Thanks Bill. I had never tried clams, and since that was the specialty I had to give it a go. Impressed by the size of the plates I saw I knew I would be in trouble if I ordered and didn't like it. I explained to the young man at the counter, I've never tried clams before, could I get a sample, he immediately went to the kitchen and got me a some to try.
I liked the clams, I ordered the clams, I ate the clams, I took home the clams. We ended up being the last people there and the staff took the time to talk to us and give us some travel advice. The restaurant it self is large and spacious. Nothing fancy, but fancy can be overrated. Would definitely go again.

Minto, New Brunswick, Canada
“Ya better be hungry.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Good food, Fast service for the volume of people served,but I have always tried to go on less peak times. Big portions.