“I must have gone to another place?”
Review of Bengal Tiger Lily

Bengal Tiger Lily
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bengal Tiger Lily Restaurant is situated just off the Monks Heath Cross roads and is conveniently centered between Alderley Edge, Macclesfield, Knutsford and Congleton. A warm and friendly hospitality awaits you, where the emphasis is on the customer and their enjoyment, in stylish contemporary surroundings and relaxing ambiance.Whether your taste is more subtlety in the spicing or you want to experience delectable authentic cuisine. Indulge your taste buds with our Chef’s specialty dishes, combining the very best of flavorsome Indian cooking, with exotic spices and specially sourced ingredients.Our extensive wine list, too, has been assembled offering a range of fruit driven, generously-flavored choices, which are not overwhelmed by Indian cuisine. Moreover, what ever the occasion, The Bengal Tiger Lily is ideal for your parties and celebrations (we love a party!). Large round tables are a permanent feature along with convenient parking facility.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Have been twice now in total and both times I would give it a 3 star review.
The service had been average each time with the last time being borderline awful, we were ignored when we arrived as it looked like the gent in front was a regular and obviously demanded there attention more than us.

Constantly had to raise an hand to get the attention of the waiters, and waited far to long for the main course, which was cold when it arrived. Confronted the manager on this who was unresponsive and rude. He did however at the end of the meal apologise and gave us a free brandy, but this was to little to,late.

This aside and judging the food alone, I am really surprised on all the 5 star reviews, although I am well traveled and been fortunate to eat curries from around the globe, i still struggle to rate the curries on offer more than 2 or 3 stars.

Heavily westernised and tamed down, bland generic flavours without much distinction between the various dishes we ordered. Certainly not the vibrant fresh tasting flavours that I am used to with a high quality well prepared curry.

I left giving the review until I had been twice in order for me to get a perspective on the place, food etc.. And I still stand by my 2-3 star review.

A lot of potential for sure but far from 5 star, for those that have given this 5 stars I would urge you to visit rusholme curry mile and sample a few there if your after a true traditional apnea style curry.

1  Thank OptionGreg

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Food is amazing and the staff are lovely and very attentive to your needs. We have been here on many occasions and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had a wonderful evening out at this restaurant. One of our party has a severe nut allergy and is very cautious when eating out especially in Indian restaurants (we tend simply just to avoid them altogether, we decided to try here because of the reviews). When we enquired about the ingredients used in the kitchen and made them aware of our dietary requirements the manager Kamran could not be more helpful or knowledgable. He took the time to go through the menu with us and explained in detail the ingredients of the meals and the procedures used in the kitchen to avoid any cross contamination. He was also aware of the severity of this allergy something that we found to be rare in other restaurants. The food came out and was exceptional, all the staff were friendly and courteous. We will definitely be going again!!! Thank you Tiger Lily!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Take away was very poor, the starter ordered was samosa, onion bhaji, shik kebab and some mushrooms. The food was wet and soggy. Main tandoori fish and prawns was very dry , the balti dish was ok. Also the bag was full of sauce which had leaked from one of the containers that was not sealed properly. In my opinion this is unacceptable for a restaurant to send food out like this.
I called to complain, and got an apology from the manager.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We recently went to the Tiger lily for an Indian Meal with our friends John and Iris. We were treated to a fabulous meal and wonderful service. They could not do enough for us.
The starter for 4 people was very nice. There was also a good verity of both new and traditional curries.
We will will be going back again and would recommend anyone to visit.