“Surprisingly impressed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Romney
Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Harlow, England, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly impressed!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I came here for a weekend away with my partners family on the weekend of the 10-12th May 2013. There were 7 of us in total, 6 adults and 1 child. We couldn't fault it really! We stayed in the apartments, which were basic but very clean, nicely decorated and had everything we needed! The upkeep of this accommodation was fantastic, we genuinely thought they were newly refurbished and that we were the first guests staying there! The only minor downside was the shower! Although very clean, it was not very powerful and this made it very difficult to wash my thick hair! This was made worse by the fact that the clip that attaches the shower head to the wall had broken so you had to hold it up above your head. It just seems a shame that they have done such a brilliant job of the apartments and then clearly skimped out on the shower!
In regards to the clubhouse, again we were impressed! Food was relatively well priced (£7-£13 for a main meal) and was good quality food, staff were always helpful and friendly and the entertainment was pretty good!
We used the pool once and it was a nice pool but had ridiculously high levels of chlorine which resulted in very sore eyes for several days afterwards and am still suffering with dry skin around my eyes due to this a week later. But I guess too much chlorine is better than not enough! Pool was well equipped with small and large floats and toys for the little ones to borrow free of charge!
The arcades area was also a lot of fun and the children's play area and the mini golf looked good although was much too cold and windy for us to do this!
Location was ok, not much around but a 2mins walk to the beach which was lovely!
Would definitely recommend this, we wanted to return at the end of may with some friends but was unfortunately already booked up but will definitely be returning in the future!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kerry S
Park R, General Manager at Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hello Kerry

Thanks for your review

I am really glad that you and your family had a good time with us. Your point about the shower is noted and to be honest we are planning to do exactly what you have suggested for next season.

Your comments on the club house, swimming pool and the staff are very kind and I will ensure that the teams are made aware of your comments.

Please come and see us again soon and thanks once more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Colne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at Romney sands from 6th May till the 10th, Bronze caravan was very clean and well equipped, all the staff were very good,entertainment, reception and housekeeping you couldnt fault. Only problem was the state of the bar area and toilets, ceiling tiles with holes in,the tables were always sticky and the ladies toilets a disgrace, 9 toilets 1 toilet roll, broken toilet seats on the floor for 4 days, so we decided not to eat in bar area. We found a fresh fish shop in Dungeness the fish and sea food were very cheap and really fresh. Rye market on Thursday very good to. On the last night in the caravan i lost 3 gold rings, didnt realise until we got home so rang reception they were very good, even the vaccuums were emptied to check for them, to no avail, grateful to them for trying. Would stay again if clubhouse was improved.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather O
Park R, General Manager at Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hi Heather, Thanks for taking the time to post your review.
I am glad that you enjoyed most aspects of the holiday and that your accommodation was more than adequate. I am sorry about your experience in the bar area, I am investigating the issues with the toilets and tables being stick and will ensure appropriate action is taken - this isn’t acceptable and I am so sorry that we let you down during your stay with us.
Hopefully we will see you again soon, and will be able to demonstrate that this was a one off lapse in standards.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a weekend away for the first time at Romney Sands and booked Bronze Caravan. On first impression it looked very old and shabby. The seating area was full of stains and torn seats and smelt awful.
On a very cold weekend we lit the fire to find it only lit a quarter of the bars, you could probably have more heat from a candle!! made numerous trips to reception about this and was told in the end to purchase a heater in the shop down the road!!! The site was very tired and needed some attention. We ended the holiday after 2 days as it was so awful and cold.
I contacted customer services numerous times, which was a waste of time they did'nt want to know. So if you have a problem they really don't care.
All I can say is that the entertainment for the kids was brilliant and I could not fault it at all.

Park Resorts - You really need to think about your Customer Care!!!.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank kez M
Park R, General Manager at Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hello Kez, Thanks for taking the time to review us, I am sorry that you seem to have not had a good time with us. Our bronze caravans do only have a gas fire in the front room with no additional heating in the caravan other than the fire. We do hold a small selection of heaters however not enough for every caravan on the park and as I am sure you can understand we had extreme weather when you stayed with us which was unexpected for the time of year.

I care passionately about our customers as do my team and I know that we have responded to you, but please feel free to contact me directly on 01797 363877. I am sorry your experience wasn’t up to your expectations but thank you for your honest feedback

Travelers are raving about these New Romney hotels

Newhaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

we had a great time at this site. we were visiting with lots of family and our accommodation silver apartment was very nice and clean and well looked after. the teamstars put on great shows gleek chic and brit pop which they performed fantastically and the party dances were great too. my 9 year old daughter loves the kids entertainment with sparkys krew especially madness and mayhem she has been learning the dance more since she has come home and the party dances she loves too. great entertainment well done abigail and the other teamstars. site was clean and crazy golf was great, kids enjoyed the play area and swimming pool was nice too. the romney, hythe and dymchurch railway is at the entrance of the park and a great day out for the family. short walk to the beach from the park too. restaurant food was very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you had a good time and it seems like we have a fully committed Sparkys crew club member in your daughter. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you once more for your feedback.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

An ideal choice if you want a short break away, especially if you live in the south east/south London area. A short walk to the beach which is ideal if you windsurf. The Hythe and Dymchurch railway has a station at the entrance to the park, which is great for exploring Dungeness and the town of Hythe. We rented a silver apartment and found this to be very clean and pretty well equipped, though a towel rail in the bathroom would have been a help. Though it is heated throughout, the weekend we were there was very cold and the heating couldn't cope. The club house is a bit on the small side and I would expect in high season it would be packed. The meals appeared to reasonable value, though we did not dine there. In the immediate area there is very little to do, the camp has a small shop and down the road towards new Romney there is a Spar and Londis minimarket. We tried the Greastone fish shop and though the fish was cooked to order, the chips left a lot to be desired.
Out and about the town of Rye is very olde worlde and worth a visit and for the old seaside experience Hastings is in easy reach. I don't think I could spend a week there as you would soon run out of things to do. Though if you have children, it is ideal, plenty of play areas,unless they spend all there time in the arcade, and spend your money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cliff050
Park R, General Manager at Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello Cliff,

Thanks for your honest feedback regarding Romney Sands and the surrounding area. I have noted your point on a heated towel rail in the flats and will try and rectify this out of season. Thank you for taking the time to review us, we hope to see you soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Only stayed for a night as visiting my son. Gold + caravan was lovely, clean and spacious. The club house was good and not too loud. The show Gleek chic was great, and Sparkys crew club in the morning was circus skills and the teamstars Luke & Jade were very good with the kids taking time to make sure there all had a go. Just before we left my granddaughter was playing golf, and Grant brought Sparky out to play, it made her day. Hopefully coming back for a longer stay soon. Well done Team Romney.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s a shame that you could only spend one night with us but even so I am really glad you enjoyed it.

Please come and see us again soon and thank you for your kind comments.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our stay at Romney sands was great and the accomodation was good .I feel that your housekeeping team deserve a special thankyou. They were very welcoming and helpful and very sociable throughout our stay .Vicky Tanner in perticular made us feel that nothing was to much trouble.Also her team member Warren as he was also most helpful.Credit where credits due.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank KeiraBenson
Park R, General Manager at Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hello Keira,

Thank you on your feedback regarding the accommodation here at Romney, we invested heavily in this area over the winter to make every as good as we possibly could.

Your kind comments regarding Vick and Warren are appreciated and I will ensure I pass your comments on to them. We hope to see you soon and thanks for taking the time to review us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Romney
View Hotel Folkestone
View Hotel Folkestone
#4 of 10 in Folkestone
Camber Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Been to Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!