“Is it opening time yet?”
Review of Milligan's Wharf - CLOSED

Milligan's Wharf
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Charlottetown, Canada
“Is it opening time yet?”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We love Milligans Wharf so much and look forward to our visit every second Sunday in the summer. Dave and Mel are so welcoming and know how to cook a fresh, delicious meal. We cannot wait until opening day, we will be there for sure! Thanks for always making the best 'Aaron and Randi' platter !!

Saskatoon
“Worth the Drive”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Sitting next to the wharf watching the fishing boats as you eat, it is hard to imagine better or fresher fish and chips. Home made fries, large pieces of haddock lightly breaded and cooked to perfection. Very rustic setting but the place was very clean. I was to full for desert but I overheard other diners talking about how great the pie was. Seemed to be a lot of locals or at least regulars coming in to eat.

• Visited September 2013
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
“A Great Fish and Chips Feed”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was worth the 80 kilometer drive from French River to Milligan's Wharf - the best fish and chips on the island. The quaint restaurant delivered on ambiance and atmosphere in a rustic setting. Mell and Dave attended to our every need including convincing us to try the cranberry/rhubarb pie to round out the meal. Milligan's Wharf is a must visit for anyone in need of a great meal and a full belly. The picturesque wharf also adds to the restaurant's atmosphere. A return visit is in the offing......

• Visited August 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“Quaint place to experience.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went here with my family (all adults) while visiting home. When you pull up you may be a little surprised by the appearance of the building but it's actually a quaint place and it's definitely an experience that I'm happy I had. While dining there were humming bird feeders outside the window which had 4-5 hummingbirds flying around eating which was very nice to see and added to the experience.

We tried the Lobster Roll, The Haddock and chips, and the Fried Clams. All the bread was homemade and we all loved it. The coleslaw was pickled, which was a nice change from the usual mayo, and tasted excellent. The Lobster Roll was one of the better I have had with respect to the quality of the meat but was there was too much celery in it which took away from the taste of the buttery roll and the lobster. I would have preferred a little more lettuce instead. But the bread roll was perfect and there were lots of fresh beautiful chunks of lobster. ($10 - No Fries)

The Haddock ($9 - Small) was good, thinly breaded and crispy. This is not a complaint but just so you know the small is just one smaller fillet unlike some locations where ordering a small will still give you a hefty portion. The chips came in a generous portion but weren't cooked long enough to be crispy, they were limp and slightly oily (If you like that perfect!). Although the chips did not taste bad they could be improved upon.

The fried clams ($10 - Small) were very good and were flavored perfectly. The portion size was on the side of being too small, I would recommend getting the large ($15).

I would suggest this to locals and tourists traveling on this side of the island if they are looking for a nice little experience with good food, but I would not suggest driving across the island just to eat here.

Tampa, Florida
“Don't Let The Outside Fool You”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I pulled up in front of Milligan's on a very rainy July afternoon. I wasn't so sure judging from the outside of the building. I'm glad we went inside. The food was so good. We had a lobster roll, scallops and chowder. Everything was so fresh and the prices were reasonable. The homemade pie was the perfect finishing touch.