“Innot Springs good value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Innot Hot Springs
Innot Hot Springs Health and Leisure Park
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights (1,2&3 August) and although basic 70's accom it was comfortable with very friendly staff and management and good older style value meals in the pub next door.
And a log fire in the bar and one in a covered/ outside sitting area.
I would gladly stay there again and although it's not exactly the New York Hilton the warmth of the staff and management more than makes up for it and it's only $75 a night.
The Hot Springs water in the swimming pools is of course not a drinking standard,and was never meant to be, it contains minerals and it comes out of the ground and people there swore to me it was very healthy and invigorating.

Room Tip: All similar, but ask the staff, they will help if they can
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 3, 2013

After staying on the coast for a few weeks it was time to head inland.. We stumbled across this 'diamond in the rough' after visiting Ravenshoe for lunch. We stayed in a fully self contained unit which was freshly painted, clean and perfect for 2 adults, 2 kids. The creek is so hot up one end we couldn't go in, but near the bridge was perfect for the kids. The pools are clean, in need of a few repairs but good enough. We went to the pub across the bridge (same owners) twice for dinner and the meals were great. They had a BBQ one night and entertainment the other and the staff and 'Ros' the owner were all great. If you are after a fancy spa resort this is not for you but we thought it was perfect for what we wanted!!

4  Thank lets-roll-peeps
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We headed to Ravenshoe to spend time at the Innot Springs in the Health & Leisure Centre. On our way to do this we spoke t three different couples who had the same thing in mind but on seeing the slime and obvious lack of care walked away. How sad is this as many people would like to make it a base to enjoy the water. Each of the couples could not believe the rice increase and and lack of quality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Helen S
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After being totally soaked over a week of rainy weather in the daintree, we headed inland for our last night of camping and came across the hot springs. The very reasonable camping fee includes admission to the 6 hot spring spas of varying temperatures, some are inside and not for children and there are 2 outside and a cold swimming pool for plunging into!

Camp ground overlooks a lake with many waterbirds but pack some repellent, we were sitting outside in the dark and got eaten by sand flies.

Amenities in the ladies was good, but my husband thought the mens was a bit run down with broken showers and lots of dirt. The camp kitchen doesn't have anything other than a microwave and an old fridge and looks like it used to be a shower block or something. Didn't matter much to us, we just had to pull out our cooking things but could be improved.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have visited the caravan park several times over the last 10 years, the last time, the new owners were just about to take over (about 2 years ago.)
We returned recently & I have to say, they have done an excellent job with cleaning up and giving everything a much needed fresh coat of paint. It is obvious that they have worked hard.
Even in school holidays, this place is not crowded. You can often have a pool to yourself.
The toilet & shower bock are clean & well maintained. The camp kitchen has plenty of room & offers a kettle, toaster & fry pan. Don't be put off by the mineral staining from the water. It is clean & we witnessed the owner testing & maintaining the pools every morning.
The s/c units are basic, but clean. The beds are not the most comfortable though.
Our kids loved exploring & toasting marshmallows on the fire (another bonus camping here.)
Will definitely be back & have been recommending it to all our local friends

Room Tip: If you want food, order early- the office/ kitchen was closed by 5. Alternatively, cross the bridge...
2  Thank Livinlife66
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The last time I passed through this town was at least 10 years ago when I didn't quite appreciate the benefits of a nice long relaxing soak in some geothermal pools.
So, this year while holidaying in FNQ I made it a point to drive out here on a round day trip from Cairns via the Mungalli Creek Dairy.
I was certainly glad I came!
From memory the day cost for entry was around $7 per person. The facilities are nothing flashy, I daresay being situated about 2 hours' drive from Cairns they struggle to attract the numbers of clientele that would allow them to be very profitable. Nevertheless if you're a fan of hot springs and have been to Moree, why not support this place too?!
My impression of the whole grounds was that they were probably stuck in the 80's a little bit, but what do you expect? They have accommodation, and I'll probably give it a try one day. They also have powered caravan sites. The several pools are varied in surroundings and temperature, and from memory kids aren't allowed in the indoor pools - what a great idea! This is partially for the obvious reasons of preserving the relaxed atmosphere, but also for safety as the indoor pools are pretty hot! The hottest one is next to impossible to just get into off the cuff unless you simply don't feel pain or heat! The trick is to get into the cold pool first, cool down for a few minutes, and then get into the hot one.
Try it if you're game but be careful!
Overall, I enjoyed my time here and thought it was worth the trip. Yes, it was in the middle of nowhere and there is not much else in this town but I got good value, the place was clean and in serene surroundings, the pools all worked, I felt relaxed and welcome, and most of all I felt a lot better physically and mentally after spending some time in the pools. They reminded me a little of the Waikite Valley Thermal Pools in New Zealand.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank robol
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our third visit to the Innot Hot Springs park and the improvements that have been made in recent times are fantastic and are ongoing
The baths are clean and well maintained. Of course the water is discoloured, it is a mineral spring after all. The different baths and pools with varied temperatures are wonderful for relaxing either day or night.
We were camping and our site overlooking the dam and it's birdlife was lovely. Facilities were fine.
A favourite spot for us!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redmill

Been to Innot Hot Springs Health and Leisure Park? Share your experiences!