“Makes my holliday compleet”
Review of Corrigans Cove

Corrigans Cove
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Coming from the Netherlands we have enjoyed 7 weeks of holiday in Australia. From this time the last week was in the Corrigans cove in Batemansbay.
This hotel has been our best experiance in Australia.
The room that we initially had booked didn't seem the right choice, and the next day I told the reception that I had regetted our choice.
The owner told us she would do everything to get us an other room and to make our stay as good as it could be.
We got our new room which was a lot bigger for no extra cost.
Nothing was to much for staff of the hotel and they did everything they could to do what we asked for.
The rooms were beautifull and deked out with all the mod cons that you need, and in our eys the 5 stars are more than worth it.
A friendly hotel were i hope to stay again in the future.
Huib and Nelly Kamminga

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Checked in for the one night with girlfriend. Main living area quite large wih adequate and functional kitchenette. Whats the go with the wall bench in an alcove? Was not at all well over the weekend and it wasn't until early evening that I discovered that the aircon in the bedroom was not working. Spent a very warm restlesss night. A nearby wall light was also not working along with a dodgy remote control for a very dated tv. Showering was an ordeal with water everywhere as it has an over the bathtub shower and no shower curtain. Bathroom floors could have been cleaned better. For the room rate, stay should have been more comfortable with a little care and attention to detail by owners.Location is fantastic though with a short stroll southbound to a very nice irish steakhouse with great food and great friendly service.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2010

We recently stayed for one night with a small baby and had also stayed once some years earlier. Our room (one bedroom apartment) was spacious and clean. The couple who run the place were friendly to deal with over the phone and in person. What impressed me was the attention they gave to the presentation of the place - the swiftly tidied up breakfast tables, kept highchairs spotlessly clean and the grounds look good too. They have also incorporated thoughtful touches to make the stay better for guests. It seemed busy (full carpark) but our room was quiet day and night.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We had a week booked over Xmas 2009 at Corrigans Cove for a reunion with friends that all met in London but are now spread across the East Coast of Australia. We had a brilliant time and our Xmas was made all the more memorable thanks to the helpful management at the Resort.

The rooms were perfect for relaxing and catching up with a great balcony overlooking the pool. The pool area had nice lounge chairs which we made full use of when we weren't down at the beach. It is a short drive to a nicer beach which wasn't a problem with good advice on where to go from the office.

The rooms were very comfortable and had all the facilities that we required. Previously I was worried about noise from the road but from inside the room we could barely tell we were in a town with it being very quiet.

I could do nothing else but recommend this resort for both groups as well as families and I will certainly stay there again next time i am on the South Coast..

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2009

We stayed at Corrigans Cove last weekend and had a great experience. My husband and I were looking for a relaxing weekend and found that Corrigans Cove was perfect for us. The managers were very friendly and we couldn't fault the service they provided.

We had a look through their recent reviews and can't believe that the Brisbane doctor had such negative things to say. The rooms were clean and the complimentary breakfast buffet was great - so much easier than trying to find a supermarket when you just arrive in a new town. The breakfasts are simple (cereals, yoghurt, toast, juices and tea/coffee) but perfect if your not paying big dollars to get al a carte.

Thank you so much for your great service and we look forward to coming back again soon.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stayed there for a weekend doing locum job covering the shortage of doctors in Batemans Bay area. I brought my family along with me, so needed to stay in a big accommodation. This hotel cost more than the hospital allowance, but because of my family's sake, I paid the extra. BIG MISTAKE!

I was aware that the rooms aren't as good as some 5 star hotels, but considering this is a small town, I was happy to accept that, hoping that a bit of country friendliness and warmth would compensate for that. NOT AT ALL! The owner is the rudest I've seen, way worse than any big cities I've been to.

I agree with many of the comments about the stinginess of the owner, but you wouldn't believe what we had to go through:
- The breakfast was said a "buffet style", ie. all you can eat. Not many choices, toasts, cereals, instant coffee....nothing hot. Its ok, as it was complimentary so I don't complain.

- But because I have two young kids (a 2 year old and a 15 months old), they take their time to finish breakfast. Since we were going to the zoo that morning, we packed some of their unfinshed toast with jam so they can continue to eat in the car. That stirred the owner up! He came to us the next day, scolded us, humiliated us, as if we were stealing his precious toast. He used excuses of health reasons that if the toasts goes off, it is their responsibility...etc. But the way he presented was like a school master scolding a naughty child. That really frustrated the kids and they were too scared to eat anymore.

- When I talked to the owner afterwards about what he had done to my kids, not a word of apology. He even commented that kids were too young to understand anything. Anyone of you out there with a 2 year old can testify, they do understand! They know when they are scolded! When he realize how my kids were frustrated, he still said "kids frustration is not an excuse!" How rude was that!!

I can't believe that I paid $200/night for 3 nights to receive this kind of humiliation over a couple of pieces of toast which cost less than $1 in total! At the end, no apology, no thank you, no goodbye at check out, as if he just wanted to get rid of us.

The rooms were dirty as well. We found a dirty sock under the bed, and some dead cockroaches in the closet.

I won't recoomend this apartment to anybody. Oh yes, he said to me, "we'll say the same thing to everyone, not just you." So if you are prepared to pay $200/night for such humiliation, be my guest. I know I won't go back again. The owner is the kind of people that is keeping the doctors from providing a service to the rural area. What a shame to Batemans Bay!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
11  Thank CountryDoctor_9
Vicki T, Manager at Corrigans Cove, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

It is unfortunate that you had this experience during your stay. However, Geoff and I took over the management in 2010 well after your stay. We would love you to experience Corrigans Cove again and we hope that your stay will be much happier.

Reviewed October 28, 2009

I would have to say this was one of the best holidays that we have had. From the time we arrived the Hosts were fantastic and nothing was to much of a problem. The complex was spotless inside and out and I would recommend this place to stay to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday. We certainly will be going back and the only thing I would like to see there is internet access which at the time there wasn't. Keep up the good work Corigans Cove.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batehaven
Quays Hotel
Lincoln Downs Resort Batemans Bay
Bay Breeze Boutique Motel
Bay Breeze Boutique Motel
#1 of 18 in Batemans Bay

Been to Corrigans Cove? Share your experiences!