“Nice but noisy”

Corrigans Cove
Erina, Australia
“Nice but noisy”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had 3 nights at Corrigans Cove and were pretty excited about heading to the south coast.

When we arrived, the check in was quick, friendly and easy......just what you want after a long drive. Our room was at the northern end of the resort. It was clean and comfortable with a great deck overlooking Corrigans Bay and (unfortunately) Beach Rd. We had a nicely appointed kitchen, laundry, comfy lounge....everything we needed. The bed and pillows were really comfortable and we had a good nights sleep, but were woken at 6.30am (each day) by the traffic noise. We had trucks and cars out the front and out the back of our room (George Bass Drive).
Seriously, it was really noisy and woke us up each morning. We couldn't have the screen door on the deck open when watching a bit of TV due to the traffic noise (we could have turned the telly up loud I guess, but that is a bit rude for our neighbours). Anyway, I know this isn't the fault of the resort but it really affected our stay.

Breakfast was fine.....we didn't want a big breakfast, so toast and tea were fine for us. We were asked if we wanted a hot breakfast on our second day as well. Sitting at breakfast was very pleasant with the pool out front.

To sum up, the accommodation, light breakfast and staff were all really good, but we felt the traffic noise was too much for us to really enjoy the stay. If you could get down the southern end, you would miss the traffic on George Bass Dr and it would possibly be a lot quieter.

Would we stay there again......I don't think so. I would look for somewhere a bit quieter off main roads.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the southern side of the pool would be a lot quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment for 2 nights. Very affordable for a beachfront location, close proximity to city centre and the apartment has everything you need in a home environment. There's a kitchen for some light cooking, living room, separate dining area, bedroom, and even a washing machine and dryer. The best part of the place is the bed. The combination of the comfort of the bed, pillows, and blanket made the experience of sleeping a luxury by itself.

Some downsides to the place: As the place is getting a little older I am beginning to see some wear and tear; the door on the washing machine in my room is broken at the hinges so the entire door comes off if not careful. A bit of metal rust here and there but place is still good. It is getting warmer as we approach summer so I quite understand that there will be more insects and bugs around (there was a cobweb in my bathroom).

I find that breakfast options are somewhat limited. Continental breakfast is included in the tariff, hot breakfast is $10 per person. Not impressed with breakfast options, but I can always go out for more food options and coffee.

For active individuals, go for a run on the beach. In the late afternoon at 5-6pm when the tide recedes the sand is somewhat firm but not hard like concrete so it's gentler on the knees. Went for a run both days when I was there. If you're more ambitious you can run towards Batemans Bay (they have pedestrian paths for runners and cyclists).

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for a room that is not so close to Beach Road (main road) for less...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed for a weekend. Were originally allotted an apartment close to road junction which was quite noisy from the passing traffic. Asked for another apartment and were given one which was actually larger (2 bedrooms instead of one) than we had booked and was much quiter. The apartment was spacious and well appointed and worth $250 per night which made us wonder if the one bedroom apartment was worth the same per night. Geoff and Vicki were friendly and helpful. The tariff included a continental breakfast which did not appear to have much in the way of choices however the cooked breakfast, available on weekends, at $10 was great. The advertising that we had seen for the apartments was a little misleading giving the impression that they were virtually on a beach however a large park separates the apartments from the cove. So was somewhat disappointed as I was looking for a beach to fish from without having to drive to it or have to crpss a busy road and large park.

Room Tip: If you are not used to road traffic noise, then perhaps reconsider staying there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed for a weekend. Great place for a break (we are a family of 4), there was plenty of room in the apartment, top amenities. There were friendly staff, excellent breakfast options and all in a top location. We had meals at lovely restaurants in walking distance and we were very pleased with the service there too. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Two bedroom was very spacious for four people.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank quinntas
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've always struggled with choosing hotels in the area from a bad experience but decided to give Corrigans Cove a go. I am very glad I did because it is the best hotel in Batemans Bay! The rooms are massive, well decorated and furnished, and the beds are ridiculously comfortable. On arrival we were greeted warmly by Geoff and Vicki who are very welcoming and made my family feel at home. I was concerned about the noise from the road but I was surprised to find it was quiet and quite pleasant. The views are great and it's just a stones throw away from the beach. There was a great variety of choices for breakfast (included in the tariff) and very calming Michael Buble music to really relax. I am always recommending Corrigans Cove to friends and family as it is no doubt the top hotel in the area. Looking forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: every room gets an equal view which I love!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bella T
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The venue is really quite nice. Modern rooms which are very comfortable. The biggest drawback is the very loud road which all rooms face. Traffic is particularly heavy in the mornings and there were many hoons around on Saturday night. Double glazed windows are needed as the noise most definitely takes away from the view and the atmosphere.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are noise sensitive and are seeking a peaceful getaway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
The Shire
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Working in Batemans Bay each month, I eventually stumbled upon Corrigans Cove. After being disappointed at a few of the other hotels in the area around the same price point, I was very impressed with what was on offer.
Geoff and Vicki are always accommodating and friendly, its almost a home away from home...
The rooms are massive compared to those other hotels nearby, and are well furnished.
Breakfast being thrown in is a bonus, and I cant wait to try out the recently renovated pool this summer!
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Corrigans Cove to any other friends or colleagues coming through the Bay as its the best spot to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Alex W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batehaven
BIG4 Batemans Bay Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Batemans Bay
The Esplanade
The Esplanade
#7 of 18 in Batemans Bay

Been to Corrigans Cove? Share your experiences!