“Great place for a break” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corrigans Cove

and 1 more site!
Corrigans Cove
Canberra, Australia
“Great place for a break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed for a weekend. Great place for a break (we are a family of 4), there was plenty of room in the apartment, top amenities. There were friendly staff, excellent breakfast options and all in a top location. We had meals at lovely restaurants in walking distance and we were very pleased with the service there too. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Two bedroom was very spacious for four people.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank quinntas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've always struggled with choosing hotels in the area from a bad experience but decided to give Corrigans Cove a go. I am very glad I did because it is the best hotel in Batemans Bay! The rooms are massive, well decorated and furnished, and the beds are ridiculously comfortable. On arrival we were greeted warmly by Geoff and Vicki who are very welcoming and made my family feel at home. I was concerned about the noise from the road but I was surprised to find it was quiet and quite pleasant. The views are great and it's just a stones throw away from the beach. There was a great variety of choices for breakfast (included in the tariff) and very calming Michael Buble music to really relax. I am always recommending Corrigans Cove to friends and family as it is no doubt the top hotel in the area. Looking forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: every room gets an equal view which I love!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bella T
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The venue is really quite nice. Modern rooms which are very comfortable. The biggest drawback is the very loud road which all rooms face. Traffic is particularly heavy in the mornings and there were many hoons around on Saturday night. Double glazed windows are needed as the noise most definitely takes away from the view and the atmosphere.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are noise sensitive and are seeking a peaceful getaway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
The Shire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Working in Batemans Bay each month, I eventually stumbled upon Corrigans Cove. After being disappointed at a few of the other hotels in the area around the same price point, I was very impressed with what was on offer.
Geoff and Vicki are always accommodating and friendly, its almost a home away from home...
The rooms are massive compared to those other hotels nearby, and are well furnished.
Breakfast being thrown in is a bonus, and I cant wait to try out the recently renovated pool this summer!
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Corrigans Cove to any other friends or colleagues coming through the Bay as its the best spot to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Alex W
Albury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our stay at Corrigans Cove was just wonderful...from the time you enter Reception you feel valued as a guest by Vicki and Geoff. Our 2 bedroom apartment was spacious, clean, well appointed and the view was delightful. The buffet breakfast (included in the tariff) very satisfying and on the weekend the best value cooked breakfast around $10.00!!......Would highly recommended a stay at Corrigans Cove...we are certianly looking forward to visiting again soon...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robyn D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Likes: kitchen including full fridge/ freezer and DISHWASHER
Aircon
Very spacious
Own laundry
Breakfast being included

Dislikes
Shower over bath with shower curtain
NO LOCKS ON BATHROOM OR MAIN BEDROOM DOORS
No cabinet in bathroom
Weird decor

The 2 bed apartment we were in was $250/ night. In my opinion it isn't worth more than about $190/ night.

Comfortable and great kitchen, but just not up there compared to other places I've stayed in same price range.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to get away to down at the coast for the Canberra long weekend. Obviously when you leave these things to the last minute, your choices of available accommodation become somewhat limited.
That said, it was pleasing to see some units available at Corrigans Cove. The web blurb read rather well and the actual accommodation lived up to expectations.
I must admit I read tripadvisor before we left so was ready for the taking out of our own rubbish. Which quite frankly is a non event really. It's not that hard to grab the bag out of the bin on your way out and toss it in the skip near the carpark. The fact that others have complained about having to do this kinda smacks of the kind of society we have become.

ok..the review. From reading the compendium it would appear that the 'owners' actually just manage the place as all the apartments are privately owned and come under a body corporate. I may be wrong and am happy to be corrected.

We arrived at the Bay a little earlier than we had anticipated. We called up to ask if there was any chance of checking in early. As our room was ready they were more than happy to check us in early.

Continental breakfast was the usual fare. Toasts, spreads, cereals, tinned fruit, juices etc. Some reviews here have made comment on how basic they thought breakfast was. Given that it is 'free' (more likely included in room rate), then I don't know why there are complaints. Unless you usually eat a horse for breakfast then I would suggest there is plenty to eat. I will say, however, that the coffee is very very ordinary.
There is an option for a cooked breakfast which we had on the first morning. I asked for them to hold the tomatoes as I really can't abide by cooked tomatoes, but sure as eggs, the plates duly arrived complete with cooked tomatoes. Just a tad annoying.
The hosts are busy running around clearing dishes pretty much as soon as your knife and fork have been rested on your empty plate. No great dramas there except that they also whisked away my wifes half finished orange juice without even asking if she had finished (she hadn't). We found that to be quite amusing and after we had looked at each other dumbfounded, we just laughed about it.
It could possibly be useful to mention in the compendium that breakfast is included in the room rate as we didn't know about breakfast when we booked and there is no mention on the website.

We stayed in Apt 210 which was a 4 person apt. Upstairs had the queen bed which was quite comfortable and downstairs were twin singles. Nice comfy furnishings and a quality fully functional kitchen. TV with digital free to air channels, Austar and a DVD player.
The upstairs bedroom and the lounge area both open on to a deck.

We didn't have any cockroaches that have been mentioned in other reviews. But I was kinda grossed out to find a couple of used cotton buds on the shelf in the upstairs bedroom cupboard. I didn't find them till I was putting the blanket away. As I am 6ft10 I'm guessing most other people wouldn't have even seen the cotton buds. Other than this, the apt was spotless.

The price was $250 a night. Normally we wouldn't go for something quite this expensive. But given that breakfast was included and the size of the apts we could probably ok it again someday but its probably at the high end of the price scale and there are a few little niggly things that if addressed could make it worth the price. e.g. the upstairs sliding door has a 5-10mm gap which when closed lets in a fair bit of road noise.

The wife wants me to mention that the dishwasher is an excellent addition to the kitchen and the microwave double as a convection oven. I guess she knows how you ladies appreciate the finer things :) The dining room table reminds me of a workbench. Its a metal topped thing. But its real easy to wipe down :)

Bathroom is kinda small and like the kitchen has these unique corrugated iron splashback walls. Didn't bother me as much as some in other reviews. Adds to the character of the place even if it does seem somewhat tacky in a $250 a night apt. I would suggest that the bottom of the splashback walls in the bathroom should be given a real good cleanout to get rid of the mould (which the wife saw and I didn't) and siliconed up to stop water collecting there.

Kids loved the pool which is advertised as solar heated. I didn't see any solar panels anywhere but there well may be some. Either that or 'solar heated' means the sun shines into the water which is a very clever marketing ploy. Its a smallish pool but it will keep the kids entertained while the parents lounge around on the sundeck.

The complex has BBQs scattered around in various places. Great to cook up your catch of the day. If that's not your thing then the shops are just down the road a couple of hundred meters.

We were only going to stay for a night. We ended up staying for two. We enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batehaven
BIG4 Batemans Bay Beach Resort
#8 of 17 in Batemans Bay
Araluen Motor Lodge
Araluen Motor Lodge
#1 of 2 in Batehaven

Been to Corrigans Cove? Share your experiences!