“Great service in the restaurant”
Review of Hotelito Oasis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Penitas
Hotelito Oasis
Punta Uva, Costa Rica
“Great service in the restaurant”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My service was awesome, but my food was slow (guidebook said service is slow). It took about 40 minutes to get some french fries, which I ordered because they were out of the other things I wanted. Forty minutes for food is pretty standard. “No hay problem.”

The bartender, who seemed to do every job on the planet, was “Johnny on the spot” the whole time for my table and the entire restaurant, and I tipped him accordingly.

The fries were made from fresh-cut potatoes… when is the last time? They were great.

I always ask for a glass of ice with my beer thanks to the climate and I got a mini glacier in my actual beer mug (first time!) that lasted an hour. These little things count!

Great location: beachfront. And clean baños. Thank you, Oasis, for a nice time and your kindness toward the little hungry dogs that stopped in to say hello. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Missoula, Montana, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was one of our favorite places of our travels in Nicaragua. (we stayed three nights, longer than we planned, and even thought about returning later) The rooms are low in cost but don't seem like it. They are spacious, clean and right next to the beach. We stayed in a private room with two double beds. The hotel has common areas including a shaded second story area with great views of the beach and a nice breeze during hot afternoons. We loved everything that we tried on the menu and found the prices for meals to be very reasonable for travelers on a budget. The surf boards for rent weren't the nicest but they are reasonably priced for what you get. The staff was great and very nice. (the guide book said the service was slow but we didn't notice)
Overall, a very relaxing location and I would love to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laura S
panama
Reviewed October 19, 2012

rooms are spacious and clean
the food at the restaurant a real pleasure
specially the coktails made with real fruit juice with run or vodka for very cheap price, thanks to happy hour
see you soon next year

Room Tip: the rooms near the beach or the bungalows : amazing view of the pacific ocean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed September 22, 2012

It's cheap for a dorm room but they charge for everything else, like wi-fi etc which you have to pay for every day. I wouldn't if the staff were friendly but they're not. The location is the best thing, right by the beach, but pay a dollar or two more for a friendlier, cleaner place- there are others by the beach in Las Penitas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Las Penitas hotels

charleston sc
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is a hostel Beachfront on the Pacific. If you need more than this Hostel right on the beach go somewhere else.
I loved it. My room was clean, the food so so , the staff great. If you complain, your expectations are too high. Go to a full service hotel. This is a hostel. I love it.

Room Tip: It is a hostel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank worldwiden1
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed April 22, 2012

First of all, if you value small little things, like a friendly staff or the amount of time you wait for your food to arrive, then this is absolutely no place for you.
The staff is constantly in a bad mood. During the 15 hours I was there, there were a couple of occasion where they tried to trick me by calculating wrong amounts of payments or not refilling a glass properly (not always with ice but with plastic!). The room was dirty, stinky water (or no water) and the bed sheets were not washed upon arrival.
I waited 45 minutes for my (in comparison quite expensive) food to arrive, and as it did, 2 strolling dogs came OUT OF THE KITCHEN literatly sitting on my lap to try to gain attention.

I wasnt looking for the 5star Hotel when I arrived, in fact I am a backpacker myself but few little things one can expect from a Hostel (and its not even a Hostel it is a HOTEL!) For $6 a night, I stayed in accomidations with a kitchen, free wifi, cheap food and even a pool. This is nowhere near it.
Sorry but never again!

Positiv review:
--Great location
--Clean beach
--Good bus connection to Leon

Room Tip: Dont choose a room, choose a different Hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Reiseampelmann
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 27, 2012

the room was clean and simple, staff friendly, and the location is one of the best on the beach. the beach itself is average, i preferred the beaches north of chinandega towards aposentillo and jiquilillo.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 12 in Las Penitas
Bomalu Nicaragua Beach House
Bomalu Nicaragua Beach House
#2 of 12 in Las Penitas

Been to Hotelito Oasis? Share your experiences!