Tripadvisor
Muri
All reviews belinda and andrew private pool platinum villa our honeymoon cook islands cinema room self cook indoor waterfall hot tub every morning four poster welcome basket absolute privacy both bedrooms muri beach daily breakfast dining table
Selected filters
Reviewed October 21, 2019 via mobile

This is a big call; but we are placing it No 1 for us Worldwide!
Lots of pictures here to give you a good feel for the vibe. All these photos taken several days in while staying, not the pristine first 10 minutes of arrival. The sunrise is from the deck right on the beachfront.
If you have already booked Rumours you have struck the jackpot, if your looking for a 6 star location and accomodation without the hussle and pretense of demanding wanabee high enders around you, this is the place.
For context; and without risking name dropping ourselves, we have enjoyed over the water, “luxury labelled” stays all over the world.
We’ve tasted so called “5 star romantic views” from room balconies across all of the “listed” romantic cities.
So why our No 1?
As they say in the movie;”The Castle”; it’s the vibe!
Despite it punching on par in all these things; its not the quality of the bed linen, the on demand housekeeping, the free inclusions, the direct access to crystal waters, the 1% touches of detail, authentic caring , service and absolute privacy, but the fact that Rumours for us, successfully blends all of these qualities with the Cook Island friendly culture, beautiful environment and climate, to create everlasting memories.
Depending on your package; yes you get, included scooter or car hire, 1 hour massages in their award winning spa, lagoon cruise and cultural dance evening. You enjoy your own private single and double canoe outside your private deck directly on the lagoon beach: At high tide in 10 minutes after canoeing to the adjacent island, we were both out in the lagoon snorkelling amongst the the most beautiful fish species, turtles and reef life in the world.All the reef shoes, snorkelling gear is complimentary, and for competency; we were no Bear Grylls and partner lookalikes, so you can easily do it. A good part of the lagoon, you can stand up in and still see nature under the water, in all its glory.
Or just rest up in your 100% private outdoor spa bath or waterfall pool, before ordering a villa delivered seafood platter at your balcony table for dinner, gazing at the lagoon waters:
Walk outside into the world on your doorstep ,and after 70 metres, you have a coffee hut that would easily survive in the inner lanes of Melbourne, a wine shop with quality drops, a bakery, a general store, boxing fitness gym to work off your indulgence and a burger joint to contradict the later.
Looking for a good restaurant, experience, or attraction, just ask Tara at Rumours and its all taken care of. You even get a note delivered to your villa, listing and confirming all that has been organised for you, including double checking your own bookings seperate to Rumours to ensure you pickup collection will occur on time.
This is prime honeymoon, romantic, adult only digs, and while we would love to come here again with family and even grandchildren ( because there is that much room in the villas) we get this is not a copycat resort you will find beachside around the world, so if you have kids, them just wait the years like we did and place Rumours on your bucket list.
Rumours is like trying to pick your best ever restaurant.There are plenty you will remember and forget because the name dropping reputation, cuisine and service, all hit the mark or exceeded expectation. Then there are the few; despite the years past, that left you with that intangible feel, special to you both, where notwithstanding the culinary excellence; what you actually ate, is easily forgotten.
The experience and memories at Rumours will never be forgotten.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Whanau12014
Cherokeearrow, Manager at Rumours Luxury Villas and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2019

Hello friends. What can we say ! What a beautiful review and so eloquently worded. You were a sheer delight to have stay and whatever we did to enhance your time at Rumours was a real pleasure. We take great pride in how highly you have rated Rumours and our team here, and we will continue working hard to maintain the standard and the confidence you have placed in us by encouraging other travellers to make Rumours their home away from home when taking a vacation in Rarotonga. Should you be in a position to visit our shores again in the future, the warmest welcome will be waiting for you at Rumours.
Thank you so much for the effort you put into this review. It is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

I can’t fault our holiday at this wonderful place.the location is perfect, white sandy beachfront villas in the Muri lagoon. Villa 3 is stunning. And the managers are the epitome of discreet five star service. The staff were overwhelmingly helpful and did not disturb us while we were enjoying the peace and quiet.
Villa three has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen lounge and cinema room inside. Outside there is a wide beachfront deck with four sunloungers and a dining table. Then there is the private courtyard with swimming pool, spa pool, sun loungers and dining table. If you want to have a private holiday, this is the villa to get. Not once did the staff disturb me while I was reading or relaxing. Housekeeping comes once a day but times it to make sure you’re out. The privacy of the courtyard has me sold on this place. No one can see you and the high walls block the wind.
We asked for breakfast ingredients to be delivered the night before so I could cook breakfast each morning. The kitchen has a dishwasher and a washing machine so is fully self contained. You could easily stay here all day and never leave. Of course your villa comes with two kayaks and snorkeling equipment if you want to enjoy the lagoon, but I couldn’t be dragged away from the courtyard and pool.
I also tried the spa which is down the road from the villas. The therapist was amazing, fantastic technique. I had a seaweed wrap with a Vichy shower and a facial. Both were amazing. Then a manicure and pedicure. A note to those who have their nails done, they only offer natural nail manicures. No acrylic, gel or other types are available, and they don’t have high end equipment for this, but my standard manicure was done beautifully.
I came away from my holiday feeling totally relaxed.
I’m keen to return again. The best service and villa I’ve experienced in the pacific. Just brilliant.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

A blissful week away in Rarotonga never disappoints.
As first time stayers at Rumours for myself and frequent travel buddy (and bff) we just loved it. The accomodation has pretty much everything you could need or want for a short trip away, with an in-villa washing machine being an added extra.
Villa 1 had the perfect blend of space, privacy and shelter from that not so uncommon Cook Islands wind.
The private pool as a real luxury and one that will be hard to not have as a must for the next pacific island getaway.
Daily breakfast discretely deliver to your door the afternoon before was fabulous, knowing you could self-cook at whatever time suited you.
A lovely four seat outdoor dining set on the front deck was enjoyed most mornings with a plunger of fresh coffee, croissants and fresh fruit. For those more indulgent mornings we enjoyed bacon, eggs and tasty hashbrowns as part of the sumptuous breakfast offerings.
Andrew and Belinda took care of any bookings we needed and gave us fabulous recommendations for the many eating options available on the island.
The villa had a huge range of movies to choose from as part of evening relaxation, though a couple of the movies did cut off just before the end, small update needed to ensure the best parts of the movies aren’t missed.
Two huge four poster beds with seperate ensuites were fabulous. Generous showers with glass block walls made you feel like you were truly somewhere special.
Discrete daily servicing meant every time we came back after an adventure around the island our villa was once again sparkling clean and tidy.
Having your own set of kayaks to explore the lagoon as an added bonus.
Rumours-I think you’ve now spoilt me so much that I’m not sure how I’ll cope without a return visit
Thanks for the memories
Lynne and Vanessa (Aug-Sep 2019)

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I adored this place. Super private and the villas are huge, well designed and beautiful. Just a short walk down the beach from the Yacht Club and other resorts. Definitely the best on the island.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 25, 2019

What a fantastic place to stay! Right on the beach with snorkeling straight out the front door. We stayed in Villa 2 for one night then moved to Villa 3 for the next 5 nights and I don't even know where to start to tell you about our wonderful experience but I'll give it a go.
Andrew, Belinda and Tracy have to be the most wonderful people to deal with on earth.
We had a few hic ups with our booking through our travel agent but Belinda not only fixed the issues but made our stay the most incredible times of our life. My niece was celebrating her 50th birthday and the team at Rumours made her birthday something she will remember for the rest of her life.
The Villa... where do I begin. Imagine laying in bed and looking out onto a beautiful blue lagoon...
The lounge room.... spacious and somewhere you can just sit and again look out over the water... who needs TV!
The bathroom.... bigger than my bedroom at home
The private pool... all I can say is OMG!
The spa...... Some where to sit at night and relax back with a champagne
The kitchen.... had everything we needed and OMG the breakfasts delivered each morning..... we never got through all of them... so much food!
My niece indulged in their spa package and came back looking more relaxed than I have ever seen her.
Andrew Belinda and Tracy gave us advise on where to go and what to do, booked places for us, suggested where to go for my nieces birthday night.... any issues were sorted immediately. I can only say... fantastic service. At the end of the week, we felt like they were part of our family.
We hired a car and drove the island many times... stopping at places Andrew had suggested.
Right across the road is a bar and hamburger place.... you have to have a hamburger there... they are the best I've ever tried.
The people on the island are just so friendly... as soon as you arrive you'll start to relax down to the 30kms speed limit.
The only down part was..... that we had to go home!
Go..... you'll love every single bit of the property and Rarotonga! But please if you do go.... take us with you!

Room tip: Beachside Villa doesn't see the water view... if you're going to go.. go big and get Villa 3
Date of stay: August 2019