All reviews belinda and andrew private pool platinum villa our honeymoon cook islands cinema room self cook indoor waterfall hot tub every morning four poster welcome basket absolute privacy both bedrooms muri beach daily breakfast dining table
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

A blissful week away in Rarotonga never disappoints.
As first time stayers at Rumours for myself and frequent travel buddy (and bff) we just loved it. The accomodation has pretty much everything you could need or want for a short trip away, with an in-villa washing machine being an added extra.
Villa 1 had the perfect blend of space, privacy and shelter from that not so uncommon Cook Islands wind.
The private pool as a real luxury and one that will be hard to not have as a must for the next pacific island getaway.
Daily breakfast discretely deliver to your door the afternoon before was fabulous, knowing you could self-cook at whatever time suited you.
A lovely four seat outdoor dining set on the front deck was enjoyed most mornings with a plunger of fresh coffee, croissants and fresh fruit. For those more indulgent mornings we enjoyed bacon, eggs and tasty hashbrowns as part of the sumptuous breakfast offerings.
Andrew and Belinda took care of any bookings we needed and gave us fabulous recommendations for the many eating options available on the island.
The villa had a huge range of movies to choose from as part of evening relaxation, though a couple of the movies did cut off just before the end, small update needed to ensure the best parts of the movies aren’t missed.
Two huge four poster beds with seperate ensuites were fabulous. Generous showers with glass block walls made you feel like you were truly somewhere special.
Discrete daily servicing meant every time we came back after an adventure around the island our villa was once again sparkling clean and tidy.
Having your own set of kayaks to explore the lagoon as an added bonus.
Rumours-I think you’ve now spoilt me so much that I’m not sure how I’ll cope without a return visit
Thanks for the memories
Lynne and Vanessa (Aug-Sep 2019)

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I adored this place. Super private and the villas are huge, well designed and beautiful. Just a short walk down the beach from the Yacht Club and other resorts. Definitely the best on the island.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2019

What a fantastic place to stay! Right on the beach with snorkeling straight out the front door. We stayed in Villa 2 for one night then moved to Villa 3 for the next 5 nights and I don't even know where to start to tell you about our wonderful experience but I'll give it a go.
Andrew, Belinda and Tracy have to be the most wonderful people to deal with on earth.
We had a few hic ups with our booking through our travel agent but Belinda not only fixed the issues but made our stay the most incredible times of our life. My niece was celebrating her 50th birthday and the team at Rumours made her birthday something she will remember for the rest of her life.
The Villa... where do I begin. Imagine laying in bed and looking out onto a beautiful blue lagoon...
The lounge room.... spacious and somewhere you can just sit and again look out over the water... who needs TV!
The bathroom.... bigger than my bedroom at home
The private pool... all I can say is OMG!
The spa...... Some where to sit at night and relax back with a champagne
The kitchen.... had everything we needed and OMG the breakfasts delivered each morning..... we never got through all of them... so much food!
My niece indulged in their spa package and came back looking more relaxed than I have ever seen her.
Andrew Belinda and Tracy gave us advise on where to go and what to do, booked places for us, suggested where to go for my nieces birthday night.... any issues were sorted immediately. I can only say... fantastic service. At the end of the week, we felt like they were part of our family.
We hired a car and drove the island many times... stopping at places Andrew had suggested.
Right across the road is a bar and hamburger place.... you have to have a hamburger there... they are the best I've ever tried.
The people on the island are just so friendly... as soon as you arrive you'll start to relax down to the 30kms speed limit.
The only down part was..... that we had to go home!
Go..... you'll love every single bit of the property and Rarotonga! But please if you do go.... take us with you!

Room tip: Beachside Villa doesn't see the water view... if you're going to go.. go big and get Villa 3
Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank lizgardiner27
Reviewed August 20, 2019

We stayed two weeks at Rumours. First in Villa 3 and then in Villa 7. From the second we landed on Rarotonga the Rumours staff had us covered - airport transfer, a welcome package in our Villa(s) complete with champagne and chilled glasses, the next morning's breakfast already in our fridge, and the hospitality went over the top the entire time we were there. Belinda, Andrew, Tracy and the rest of the staff are absolutely amazing. Accommodating. Friendly. Approachable. Expedient Never too busy to help. This place is just hard to describe because of how fantastic every single little thing is. Every detail was attended to, every expectation was exceeded.

Because I'm not a tech-savvy person I want to share two important things I learned. First, as an American our devices (chargers, curling irons, etc) run on either 110v or 120v of power. Therefore, we can not just take our things with us and expect to be able to plug in and be good to go. You need a step-down voltage converter with plug adapters. Their plugs are not shaped like ours and their standard voltage is 240. We purchased two converter/adapter combination devices on Amazon, one for each bedroom and they worked perfectly They have four USB ports down each side as well as two standard plugs on top:

220V/240V to 110V/120V Step Down 230W Voltage Converter and International Travel Adapter Combo for Hair Straightener Flat Iron, Hair Curler, CPAP, Toothbrush, Xbox - [Use USA Electronics Overseas]

Second, WiFi. There is one provider of WiFi on Rarotonga; Blue Sky. They have an office in the airport and several offices around the island as well. Here is how it works: If you have an unlocked phone (meaning you do not subscribe to a certain carrier like AT&T, Verizon) you can purchase a SIM card for your phone that will give you 3G of data, 300 texts and 30 mins of phone calls and you can use your phone all over the island. If you do not have an unlocked phone, like us for example, our cell service is by Verizon, then you have to buy a voucher. Its the same price as the SIM, has the same 3G, text and call limits, but you have to be at a Blue Sky hotspot to go online. All of the Blue Sky offices have a list of hotspots all over the island. They can tell you whether the place you are staying is a hotspot. There are dozens and dozens of hotspots on the island.

Because we stayed at Rumours, which is not a Blue Sky hotspot, we had to stop and check our email, social media accounts, and so forth online while we were out sightseeing or shopping or whatever. It wasn't a problem for most of our family. Our oldest daughter, however, works via Instagram and can not be without WiFi. If you are a person who must have WiFi available to you at all times like she does, and you are staying at Rumours, you will have to do what we did -- We purchased a Blue Sky voucher for her to use all over the island and we purchased some WiFi from Rumours to use when we were "home" at the villa since they have their own WiFi setup that you can not get to Blue Sky through. It's not a big deal. It's not terribly expensive, and it's 100% worth it when you can not be unplugged like our daughter.
I hope this info helps.

Our family has traveled all over the world and Rarotonga, due in no small part to Rumours, is the only place I've ever left in tears. I simply never wanted to leave.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 15, 2019

What a GLORIOUSLY relaxing week spent at Rumours... Belinda, Andrew and their team were FABULOUS hosts who went out of their way DISCRETELY to make our stay as CHILLED as possible. Everything you need is relatively CLOSE by but would highly recommend hiring a car to get around and see the whole island... Trader Jacks was our favourite LUNCH SPOT... we went twice... and the WATERFALL SPA experience my daughter and I shared was SUBLIME... I am going to miss my daily KAYAK PADDLE around the sparkling lagoon...

Date of stay: July 2019