Our family consisting of myself, husband, 20 yr old daughter and 19 yr old son stayed in a 3 bedroom waterfront apartment for 8 days. The apartment was 2 storey (we were at the end closest to the swimming pool) and had 2 bathrooms. Upstairs was the spacious master bedroom that looked out over the lagoon with the other bedrooms at the back of the property being pretty small but adequate. The shower upstairs was pathetic so tended to use downstairs shower this room also housed a toilet, basin and washing machine very tight fit but all workable. The kitchen was basic with a poor excuse for a dishwasher. The house when we arrived was reasonably clean. The lounge come dining room with its tiled floor was cooling on a hot day, not that we had many of those, weather was overcast, with patches of rain and windy, bit still warm 26deg. I recommend you take plenty of good books as there is nothing worthwhile watching on TV.
The manager was very friendly, dropping of freshly picked bananas and having a chat most mornings. He also taught us all how to choose and open a coconut. We all enjoyed kayaking across the lagoon, snorkling and walking down on to the jetty to feed the fish. Definitely an excellant location for teenagers maybe not the best for a young family.
Muri Beach is just a short drive away wouldn't reccommend walking as the main road can get busy and there isn't always a footpath.
Hired a convertible which worked well for our family, only put the roof up when we parked for the night and when the rain got a bit to heavy.
Highlight would have been our Highland Paradise cultural night, highly recommend. The manager at our accom. purchased our tickets giving us a $10 discount per ticket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are six two level family-size self-contained, waterfront apts. and four oversize studio apts. each with complete privacy, unrivalled views of the lagoon, ocean and the uninhabited islets opposite. Each 2 or 3 bedroom apts. of well over 1000 square feet (100 square meters), offer accommodation of either two or three bedrooms one and a half or two and a half bathrooms, a huge dining / lounge area, laundry and kitchen, viewing and relaxing decks, verandas and a private courtyard too. The modern studio apts. are large (50sq m) .A great tropical island paradise for family, wedding parties & honeymoons . The spacious grounds are palm shaded, with frangipani, bougainvillea and hibiscus gardens, hedges, lawns and sandy sunbathing areas. Our swimming pool is surrounded by hardwood timber decks and thatched shade and barbecue huts. Our private jetty stretches from the shore into the deep water harbour. It is a short kayak ride across the uninhabited tropical islet opposite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Avana Waterfront Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avana Waterfront Apartments Hotel Muri
- Avana Waterfront Apartments Muri, Rarotonga, Cook Islands