“Lovely food & location, perfect for families”

LBV - Le Bon Vivant Muri Beach
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Muri
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I spotted this new cafe set in a pretty whitewashed house with a verandah around it in Muri beach and saw it had a big garden - which looked great for our group who had 2 toddlers, given that space & somewhere for us to watch the kids safely was important on this trip! What a pleasant surprise.
We had brunch here that was absolutely delicious - Eggs Benny, French Toast & Bacon & Eggs various ways, all really good. I had scrambled egg which is often rubbery or dry & disappointing but theirs was top notch. Herby, soft & fluffy and delicious! There was a sandpit and swing set down the back that kept the kids amused, as we sat in a beautiful tropical setting. We were also tempted by the tasy donuts, slices and breads so took some away with us. Best Louise Cake I've had in years and the jam donuts - OMG, to die for.
Great service too by friendly staff, this is definitely my new fave brunch and lunch spot on the island.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Having heard that there was a touch French cuisine to be had at LBV on Muri Beach we wondered in. We were imposing ourselves as they were opening, and I detected a slight hesitancy from staff. However, they acceded to our request for a table and we are glad they did.
French cuisine? Well yes, French flaire certainly, but the menu looks more Italian to me with risotto, parmigiana and gnocchi all mentioned. My wife singled out her aged rib eye with potato jackets for particular praise, but everything was very well executed.
The food was exceptional. I understand that Tim Tierney is the ‘man with the pan’; well, he is a world class chef; a name that you should note.

1  Thank TuckerFiend
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stumbled upon this little gem and purchased a lovely fresh bagnet and something sweet for us. While I was there I asked to see the night menu and made a booking. Friendly and good service at counter.
Dinner was lovely. Cooking is my trade and I would recommend the bagnets and dinner. Each time we passed on the bus I noticed that Le Bon Vivant was well patronised with guests having coffee or lunch.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had what I thought was cheese on toast, but turned out to be a ham & cheese sandwich with super thick bread... ABSOULTLEY DELICIOUS... however... there was no names or descriptions on any products in the cabinets and no prices... because they just looked like a piece of toast with melted cheese on it I ordered 2.. and was a little shocked when my order can to $28.00 (2 toasted sandwiches, a piece of lollie cake and a mochachino) turns out these sandwiches were $9.50 each... actually not a bad price for how delicious they were... but too filling to eat 2 by myself!

If they had the products labeled and prices on display I'd probably have given them a 4 or even 5 star!!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This place has it all - fantastic coffee, a huge array of pastries, muffins, & delectable food, a pretty garden setting in a lovely old homestead building with comfortable couches too!, & friendly staff.