“Fantastic and Amazing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muri
Muri Beach Hideaway
Ranked #8 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Muri
Caloundra, Australia
“Fantastic and Amazing”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Muri Beach Hillside bungalow, which was fantastic. Spacious rooms, bathroom, BBQ, laundry, great deck. Fresh Orange juice, milk and fruit was also put in the fridge by Vina, who was the perfect host and owner of the resort, absolutely brilliant!! The bungalows on the beach and the facilities were fantastic, great kayacks, snorkelling equipment available at anytime. Well worth the stay and i think the best for value on the cook islands.Muri beach is far better than anywehere else on the island, with the amazing lagoon, great snorkelling, restaurants. Buses stop right out front, which are 2 buses, clockwise and anti clockwise. Muri Beach Hideaway resort is well worth every penny and more, amazing hosts, facilities, people plus much more. What more could you ask for on a holiday

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jason R

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are 2 of 4 couples who have just returned from 6 nights at Muri Beach Hideaway .This property was exactly what we were looking for and it lived up to expecatations . The seperate bungalows are spacious and well appointed and in a beautiful garden setting . Conversely there is a barbecue which we used on a couple of nights to get together for a shared dinner . The property is very well located for cafes , bakery ,deli, convenience store and restaurants, scooter and car hire (and church if you wish !)
We snorkled out the front but other spots such as Fruits of Rarotonga are 3 minutes drive away
Vina our host was always most obliging and helpful . We felt there was a personal feeling which can be missing at the bigger resorts ..This proved to be a good idea as people from the other property, the "Maine Villa " also used the communal gear . You can however easily hire any of this gear from a neigbouring resort if the above doesnt work for you
For those who want to go on activities such as Catain Tamas or Koka snorkeling cruise or attend the Te Vara Nui Village Cutural Show / Dinner these are close near by (easy walking distance)
So in summary you get all the benefits of a smaller property while having the bigger resort activities nearby

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kiwifreespirits
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I went to Cook Islands with 5 friends and chose Muri Beach Hideaway. We stayed in the Hillside Villa which was a short walk away however we were able to use all the facilities. Vina the host is AMAZING!!! She is so happy and willing to help with anything! The deck chairs are a little weathered but the snorkeling equipment and kayaks were great! Its easy to kayak across to a nearby island and there is plenty of snorkelling right in front of the resort.
The hillside Villas dont have quite so many amenities as the poolside villas but if there is anything you need just ask Vina and she will get it for you.
Fantastic holiday and great location. Make sure you go to the general store its cheaper than the great big supermarket.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This trip was a 50 th birthday present from my husband. It was definately a relaxing retreat for us. I loved the self contained bungalow, we could see the sea and it had everything we needed. The tv didn't work but that did not matter to us, we were out swimming and snorkelling and travelling around on our hired scooter. Vina was the most amazing host and although at one point she had not slept for 2 days, she was as jovial as ever. Everything was close by( scooter hire, cafes, deli) and the free Kayaks and snorkelling gear was a bonus. Muri beach is a beautiful lagoon and I would definately reccommend this hidden gem.

• Stayed June 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2012

There are a lot of other, larger places to stay on Muri, but I chose this one because it looked a bit more private. And I was not disappointed... the units are *massive*, amazingly clean, stylish with a modern feel, and huge covered deck areas. I haven't stayed anywhere else on Muri but I don't think I would. I had the beachfront unit, right next the beach and the pool (but they all kind of are).

My flight got in at the normal 1am, the driver greeted me with keys and a note telling me where the unit was. When we actually got there though, Vina was still up and showed me to the unit and made sure I had everything I needed... it must've been 1:30 by that point. She's awesome!! Helped me out with laundry, told me about the Cooks in general and was super, super friendly. Definitely made my stay as a solo traveler much more enjoyable.

And... of course, the location is great. Bike/Scooter hire across the road, awesome artisan shops minutes down the road, and the big resort activities are right there too if you want them. 5 stars!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms here are great.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank akevan
nz
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at one of their retreat cottages. We were quite happy with it. It is a little far fromthe beach, but then again, nothing is really far from the beach in Raro. I would rate the cleanliness (by my standard) an 9/10 as one ceiling fan in the master's bedroom was so dirty we did not dare use it for fear the dirt would fall on us! and it was obvious no one cleaned under the sofa in the lounge. The cottage was very roomy! A lot more then expected. Superbly set up kitchen with all the trimmings and a normal size fridge. If one uses this cottage, one must rent a means of transport which completes the stay. We rented a motorcycle and enjoyed our stay tremendiously! We would certainly recommend this hideaway which also comes with a very excellent service from the manager!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Turangi, Southern Lake Taupo
Reviewed June 23, 2012

If you are looking for a real cook island experience book Muribeach hideaway. There are 5 bungalows which are located right on Muribeach, minutes away from espresso coffee, a wonderful bakery, a convenience store and best of all seconds away from Muri beach lagoon.The bungalows are surrounded by the most amazing garden, from bananas hanging from the tree's and passion fruits hanging from the vine, I couldn't be happier with our accommodation. We were in Raro for a wedding, after visiting friends in various accommodations I must say I was quietly stoked with our accommodation. Peace, tranquility with all the amenities what else can I say. Thank you to Vina for your hospitality, we had the best time, and will remember this holiday for ever. We plan to be back on your beautiful island soon! Kia Orana!

Room Tip: The Lotus Bungalows were very private !
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family