We went to Rarotonga for 10 nights and for the first 5 nights stayed in Room 106, a beachfront suite on the ground floor. It was the closest accommodation to the beach you could get and we loved it - stepping off our deck onto the sand. (There were also 2 suites upstairs for those who prefer to be on the upper level). Though the Resorts' Beach Equipment Hire area was next door we were never disturbed by them, and we had no other immediate neighbours.
Room 106 was spacious with beautiful decor, in very good condition, and when our air conditioning stopped working we made a phone call and somebody came within 20 minutes to assess the problem. We then went out on an(other) adventure on our scooter only to return later in the day and the air conditioning serviceman had been and fixed it. The only other problem that arose was that our kettle started playing up. A replacement kettle was delivered promptly.
The Pacific Resort put on a special evening for Valentines Day in the beachfront marquee. We asked if we could have our table out under the stars and the staff had no problem in meeting our request. We found the staff friendly and helpful and the Resort is so well maintained we were amazed, with beautiful lush gardens. We were so happy with everything about the resort that we returned probably 3 more times AFTER we had moved into Palm Grove Resort - for breakfast by the pool, for happy hour and to view some rooms for our next trip.
We also viewed the poolside bungalows and these too were very lovely inside. So lovely in fact that we will likely book two of these on our next trip in August - one for the mother-in-law. We can't wait to return to Pacific Resort, and may even stay at Pacific Resort Aitutaki (which I have heard is even better!) for a few nights as well! We wouldn't hesitate it recommending it to everybody but do recommend that you pay the money to upgrade to whatever you can afford.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Authentic Boutique … Pacific Resort Rarotonga, superbly situated on 5.5 acres of manicured beachfront, our 4-star full service authentic boutique resort, offering an intimate collection of just 64 rooms, suites and villas. Each room is tastefully decorated in a contemporary Polynesian style overlooking either the flourishing tropical gardens or the gorgeous white sands of Muri Beach and lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pacific Resort Rarotonga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Hotel Muri
- Pacific Hotel Rarotonga
- Pacific Hotel Muri
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Muri, Cook Islands