We spent a glorious 10 days staying at the Pacific Resort , Muri Bay, Rarotonga in February 2009. The people are very friendly and it's a beautifully relaxed life style and all at a reasonable price. We stayed at the Pacific Resort and it's a great hotel, set in beautiful gardens. If you stay there book a garden room. It is set in a beautiful location by a lagoon, has a beachfront restaurant and is near to some shops and eateries. The staff are great and good fun tas well! The island has a bus service which runs a clockwise bus and an anti-clockwise bus and the Pacific Resort is about 15 minutes by bus from the main town on the island.
The main attraction for us is that Rarotonga has tourists but doesn't have a big tourist industry to go with it and if you go to shops or the weekly market you don't get goods thrust at you. If you want to buy something you do, but you won't be pushed to buy. If you go try 'Pas walking tour' and you will walk from Pa's house into the centre of a rain forrest, learn all about the local vegetation and herbs and see some spectacular views.
The biggest danger on Rarotonga seemed to be falling coconuts! there are trees laden with them every where and as you walk along the road you often here a thud as one falls to the ground.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Authentic Boutique….Rarotonga’s leading full-service authentic boutique resort is nestled discreetly in one of the world’s most spellbinding spots. Stretching one kilometre along the south-eastern coast of Rarotonga, Muri beach is laden with glorious white sand, fringed by palm trees and lapped by the gentle waters of a shallow, safe lagoon. This boutique resort offers a perfect blend of modern comforts and traditional island hospitality. A place where simple, lazy days meet luxurious evenings. And where the friendly, gracious staff meet your every request. Dining at the resort is a fine experience. Be tempted by succulent fresh seafood, Pacific and international dishes, or be summoned by beating drums to an authentic Cook Islands feast.No matter how you choose to fill your days and nights at this breathtakingly beautiful place that is Pacific Resort Rarotonga, one thing is certain. You’ll leave feeling rested, restored and renewed. And above all, determined to return. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Pacific Resort Rarotonga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Hotel Muri
- Pacific Hotel Rarotonga
- Pacific Hotel Muri
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Muri, Cook Islands