I was a little bit nervous organising our wedding at a place that we hadn't been to before. The wedding planner was a little bit slack. Sometimes it would take her ages to reply to my email enquiries & she was also late to both of our pre-wedding appointments. This made me a nervous bride!!
Despite this these guys KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!! The wedding was amazing. Our ceremony took place on the beachfront. It was a public place & people were watching but that didn't bother us. Our guests were well looked after with canapes & drinks, followed by a great dinner, fire show & band.
64 guests attended our wedding with 13 of them choosing to stay at the Pacific Resort so we got to check out various types of rooms. There was not much difference between the studios & the preminum garden suites.
We had a premium beachfront suite. The online pictures of these rooms were a bit deceiving. We thought we were getting a stand alone chalet but we were actually in a block of rooms. We got an upstairs suite, with a deck & the view was awesome. My parents were in the 2bdrm Beachfront villa which was like a house. It was the only room I seen with cooking facilities. Unfortunately our rooms were not serviced every day (which I would expect when your paying $700 a night!!) They also failed to replenish cutlery etc. which meant we had to hassle staff when we received room service.
Our 9 year old daughter had a fantastic time. She enjoyed the kids club and swam in the pool & lagoon everyday. There were lots of families staying at the resort and heaps of kids running around for her to have fun with.
We enjoyed many meals at the resturant & cocktails at the barefoot bar. It was lovely to dine with our feet in the sand. The complimentary breakfast was very fruity. We enjoyed this too.
The gardens & location were awesomely breathtaking. Close to other resturants, shops etc. It was a great location and our guests were able to find other accomodation nearby. Many of them choosing holiday homes which were more affordable than the resort.
The staff were cool. Many of them took time to chat to us. They were friendly & helpful in a relaxed Rarotongan kind of way.
From my research the Pacific Resort was one of the more expensive places to get married. We think it was worth every dollar & would reccommend it to anyone. A big THANKYOU to Richard (who put my mind at ease & answered all my questions) and to all THE AWESOME STAFF. You delivered a fantastic wedding which we will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Authentic Boutique….Rarotonga’s leading full-service authentic boutique resort is nestled discreetly in one of the world’s most spellbinding spots. Stretching one kilometre along the south-eastern coast of Rarotonga, Muri beach is laden with glorious white sand, fringed by palm trees and lapped by the gentle waters of a shallow, safe lagoon. This boutique resort offers a perfect blend of modern comforts and traditional island hospitality. A place where simple, lazy days meet luxurious evenings. And where the friendly, gracious staff meet your every request. Dining at the resort is a fine experience. Be tempted by succulent fresh seafood, Pacific and international dishes, or be summoned by beating drums to an authentic Cook Islands feast.No matter how you choose to fill your days and nights at this breathtakingly beautiful place that is Pacific Resort Rarotonga, one thing is certain. You’ll leave feeling rested, restored and renewed. And above all, determined to return. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Pacific Resort Rarotonga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Hotel Muri
- Pacific Hotel Rarotonga
- Pacific Hotel Muri
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Muri, Cook Islands