This was a very special holiday for us. 3 of us had travelled from the UK to meet up with family from NZ for a birthday celebration. And it fulfilled all our expectations! We were in the 2 lagoon villas which were ideal with lots of space to entertain 3 lively children. They were scrupulously clean; the chambermaid had to sweep out sand every day and she was very cheerful and obliging as she worked around us.
We ate extremely well and the food was interesting, introducing us to local produce and a good breakfast each day. The Pacific Night on Friday was excellent and the music and dancing kept the children transfixed (and the adults)long after bedtime! One small criticism; the waiting staff in the evening were a bit slow and we had to wait for quite a while for the food to be served which was fine for the adults but difficult with hungry children; but Billie tried her best to keep us happy. I suspect some of the staff were new at the beginning of the season.
We enjoyed the activities by the staff from the Beach Hut and it was good to borrow swimming, snorkelling and kayaking equipment whenever we wanted......and we enjoyed their enthusiastic music-making on the boats.
It was a shame, since small children are catered for so well in general, that there was a $250 charge for a late check out after 12md. The NZ plane goes at 6 pm so this is the only way to provide a toddler with a nap in the afternoon.
But in general.....a wonderful place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Authentic Boutique … Pacific Resort Rarotonga, superbly situated on 5.5 acres of manicured beachfront, our 4-star full service authentic boutique resort, offering an intimate collection of just 64 rooms, suites and villas. Each room is tastefully decorated in a contemporary Polynesian style overlooking either the flourishing tropical gardens or the gorgeous white sands of Muri Beach and lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Resort Rarotonga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Hotel Muri
- Pacific Hotel Rarotonga
- Pacific Hotel Muri
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Muri, Cook Islands