'Muri Beachcomber is truly a little piece of paradise.My husband and I spent eleven nights in a Watergarden Villa, loved it, and would love to return.It was our first visit to Rarotonga and we hope there'll be plenty more. It is such a different place.The pace is slow,it's incredibly beautiful, people are friendly and you genuinely feel like you've had a holiday.Muri Beachcomber is in an ideal spot on Muri lagoon.The turquoise water is just a few steps away.There are two islands out front, just a paddle away.The grounds are glorious and postcard perfect.Our villa was spacious ,comfortable and clean.The large verandah was perfect,There were sun loungers,a barbecue and two sets of chairs and tables to enjoy.The airconditioning in the bedroom was a godsend.The only thing I would change is the white elephant of a wardrobe.It was way too overwhelming for the room,peeling melamine, and needs to go.Aside from that, which is nothing really,this place is perfect.It's in a great position.There are bike or car hire places right nearby,a great cafe, a bakery, restaurants just a walk away,the bus stop right at the front door and the gorgeous Muri Lagoon out front.There are kayaks and paddleboards for guests to use, snorkelling gear and reef shoes to borrow from reception.The staff are lovely and helpful.They are also very unobtrusive and you can feel as though you have the whole place to yourself.We had some lovely meals all within walking distance-make sure you bring a torch.Sandals, at Pacific Beach resort, was beautiful and we have several delicious meals there.Skippa's take away was few hundred metres away and sold the best burgers ever, on fresh,homemade buns.It is only a walk to Te Vara Nui, which is a spectacular cultural show and polynesian buffet.Here we met lovely people from other accommodation places who had horror stories.This made us even more happy with our choice.We were very pleased with our Watergarden villa ,but next time my husband wants a beachfront room.Even though they are smaller, he wants to have the ocean breeze.I think any room would be just fine.This is just a great place to stay.It's not five star-but the location is.It is a perfect place to have a holiday.Hire a motorbike and check out the whole island.There are numerous spots to stop and snorkel,eat and take pictures, and watch the world go by.Do try and make the day trip to Aitutaki- it is paradise, and Do get to the Saturday morning markets in Avarua.Don't eat before you go.Do try the waffles at the Waffle Shack and the best coffee on the island.Besides those things,do seriously consider staying at this resort.It is an amazing place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Muri Beachcomber is a small, intimate property in prime position on the shores of beautiful Muri Lagoon - 22 units ensuring a truly relaxing holiday atmosphere. Our stylish rooms offer separate air-conditioned bedrooms, spacious living/dining area, well-equipped kitchen and modern bathroom. Perfect for long stays. The Seaview Units and Watergarden Villas are ideal for couples seeking a peaceful retreat, the poolside Garden Units are wonderful for families seeking quality time together. Facilities include a swimming pool, barbecues, wifi plus guest computer, petanque court, guest laundry, tour desk, snorkeling equipment, kayaks, paddle boards, bicycle hire and guest lounge. Shops, pharmacy, hairdresser, cafes and restaurants within easy walking distance. Offering a moderately priced, quality experience in a prime location. Includes Airport Transfers, Free use of kayaks, paddle boards, BBQ's and snorkeling equipment, Fruit Basket on arrival, Daily Breakfast pack, Tea, coffee and sugar supplied daily plus Free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Muri Beachcomber reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muri Beachcomber Hotel Muri
- Muri Beachcomber Rarotonga, Cook Islands