“A Brilliant entertaining day”

Captain Tama's Lagoon Cruizes
Book In Advance
More Info
$58.96*
and up
Half-Day Muri Lagoon BBQ Lunch Cruise including...
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Muri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join the crew of the famous Captain Tama's Lagoon Cruizes on our glass bottom boats for a memorable fun day you will never forget.We provide snorkelling, BBQ lunch, Cook Islands humour, fun and our friendly entertaining guides will leave you with a lasting impression of our Cook Islands people and a smile to put on your face. Can't snorkel? we'll teach you, or view the fish from the comfort of our glass bottom boats.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked this activity through my hotel when I spent a week on Rarotonga in March, they picked me up from my hotel and took me to the jetty where you join the boat.

The cruise costs $75pp and is value for money.

From the very start, the boys were funny and entertaining, with jokes, messing about and music and singing.

The boat trip is essentially a short trip on the lagoon to the marine reserve on a glass bottom boat, for those who wish to snorkel, all equipment is provided. For those not wanting to snorkel the boys will keep you entertained on the boat by feeding the fish under the boat. From there you travel to a BBQ lunch and entertainment which is both educational and hilarious.

The BBQ lunch was delishious with plenty of choice and lots of food, BBQ marlin, onions and banana's, lots of vegetarian salads and fruit and fruit squash and water on tap.

At no point in the day did I ever feel rushed, all the boys were welcoming, friendly and entertaining.

I had a fantastic day and would not hesitate to rebook this cruise if I was ever in Rarotonga again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)
All reviews
in 34 reviews
"coconut tree climbing"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed March 31, 2013

What a fun day out! If you like snorkeling in beautiful warm water with heaps of fish, AND when you're not in the water to be highly entertained by a group of great guys then you won't want to miss this! Added to this are a beautiful freshly caught fish barbeque with plenty of salads and local fruit, tropical scenery that's stunning, plus shows that keep you laughing almost non-stop. (Still can't see a sarong without laughing.) These guys live up to their advertising completely and make you feel like you've been friends for years. Can't recommend this Lagoon cruise highly enough.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We travelled in late october and the weather was fantastic. My partner has mobility issues and he was so well taken care of on this cruise. The boys were so funny and relaxed. Great singers and entertainers.They didnt rush people and you had loads of time to snorkel right out on the reef. The meal was fantastic and tasty and lots of it too. thanks for a great time guys :) I will be sure to bring you KFC on my return !! lol

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This cruise was so much fun for so many reasons! The snorkelling was amazing - water that is deep, and no current, and so beautifully clear. You get 45 minutes to snorkel around and for those that don't want to snorkel the guides keep you well entertained on the boat with stories and fish feeding. The lunch was delicious - fresh caught tuna, salads, and bread - and there was plenty of it. Then the show was very entertaining. I would definitely recommend this cruise.