“Great fun”

Half-Day Muri Lagoon BBQ Lunch Cruise including Snorkeling
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Muri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join the crew of the famous Captain Tama's Lagoon Cruizes on our glass bottom boats for a memorable fun day you will never forget.We provide snorkelling, BBQ lunch, Cook Islands humour, fun and our friendly entertaining guides will leave you with a lasting impression of our Cook Islands people and a smile to put on your face. Can't snorkel? we'll teach you, or view the fish from the comfort of our glass bottom boats.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went on their cruise and it was a great day. The guys are all very funny (although it does seem a little scripted, the same jokes were told multiple times by multiple people) and very friendly. I would without doubt recommend checking this out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)
All reviews
in 35 reviews
"marine reserve"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We did this cruise on an impulse and we were so glad we did. The guys sure know how to keep you entertained. Muri Lagoon is beautiful The kids (aged 6 & 8) had a fantastic time and loved the swimming at Motu Koromiri Island. The food was excellent.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I more than reccommend that you take this tour!...You must! It was such an awesome day, suitable for all ages from young to old, if you like to laugh and experience new things you wont be dissapointed.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Making a booking was easily done and included pick up and drop off. bus was comfortable and we got a look around the island as we collected others. Arrival was time to visit conveninces and check in at the counter whilst the boys entertained with music and frivolity.
There was a lady amongst the group who required a wheelchair and crutches and the hosts were able to accommodate her very easily.
As we coasted along, the host went through the safety messages and then on to inform us about the area where we would be going to snorkel. there was sound advise about the strong current and the reminder that if one (such as myself) was not a strong swimmer, I would be able to take a dip on the island we were going to have lunch on.
One of the hosts took time to dive in and entice the fish to the glass viewing area as well as holding up a large clam, placing it on the sea floor for further viewing from the boat.
there was an informative talk about the conservation that is going on in the Cook Islands and it was drawn to our attention that we were in a marine reserve.
Lunch was lovely and I found barbecued bananas quite nice to eat. The food did not go to waste and everyone was encouraged to clear what was left.
Toiletting was somewhat complicated and if you didn't hear all the directions you would need to ask again to be sure you get it right. the land owners were present on the island and we were reminded to keep to the allocated space for captain tama's crew and guests.
The entertainment was somewhat strained as it relied on the talk of one man and I wasn't so sure about the expected participation of specific members of the audience.
I enjoyed learning about the coconut tree and its many reasons for being held in such high regard. I have since practiced husking and grating a nut and have also used the fresh cream on my skin (absolutely fantastic at advice of the pressenter).

The fashion demonstration on how to wear a pareau was a bit too long although I certainly did walk away with a greater appreciation for it. and I have applied some of the suggestions to my own way of wearing a pareau. The final demonstration on how men can wear the pareau was bordering on boring but we all got through it and overall the experience was very good.
The tide was so low that some of the passengers elected to walk across to the landing area which is where we all caught up again. The bus was already parked and awaiting for those who were to be dropped off at their respective places.
I enjoyed the day, I got to see the islands from a different perspective and it was promising to hear how the Cook Island people are embracing a sustainable environment.