“Fantastic, secluded place with easy beach access”

Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Muri
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for our honeymoon and it was just lovely. Staff go out of their way to help and the rooms are just beautiful. We hired a car and the place is very close to restaurants and the town centre. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed January 28, 2013

What a great place to be indulged! We stayed in the 3 bedroom Presedential Villa. It was beautiful with its gorgeous private pool, extensive decking areas and sun beds! Air con was fantastic. TV huge! Kitchen excellent! Love Love Loved it all!
If you want to go somewhere & have all the comforts of home & more then this is the place for you!
We stayed there with 4 adults and 2 kids and found this really comfortable.
Elaine was incredibly helpful with everything from high chairs to dinner bookings.
Had 1 of the best massages of our life at the spa here. Dinner at the Waterfront restuarant (ask Elaine for directions, you will need them) AMAZING! The live music just made it even more special so try and go on a night when someone is playing.
We did a bit of shopping and ate in a lot as with the kids this suited us.
With children i would suggest hiring a car in Rarotonga not a scooter. Felt it was a bit dangerous.
I think Aitutaki is prettier than Rarotonga but there is certainly more to do in Raro. Depends what you are looking for.
The beach out the front is not your typical sandy beach so keep that in mind. Its covered in coral and beautiful to explore from your kayak or snorkel at high tide but not so easy for a swim!
You can walk around a little bit though and find beach not too far away!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Crystal77
Reviewed January 15, 2013

was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I have stayed in some 5 star resorts and first class palces. This however failed on every aspect. Staff are more interested in themself than u, and if you complain they will say "well lets just agree to disagree", food in the cook islands is mostly plain and boring and will normally take a good 40mins plus, but hey dont complain as they will basically tell u to get over it. The Te Manava so called 5 star is nothing more then a 3 star...the place is great but beleive me u need to pick your time their the winds on the location and the facing of the vila's is not good and wasn't thought off very well. I found myself with no pen or paper in the room, a shower that the hot water dripped out of every morning, the phone's didn't work and i found myself boiling hot water to put in the pool to even bear getting in. WELL NEVER go back and I tell you now be warned!! its not as glamorous as it makes out to be..there are other less affordable places that will look after you and treat you like they so called place on all their ads. enveryday the wind was so strong i could almost put some feathers on my arm and fligh back home. it horriable.
COMPLETE FAIL YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! FYI we left after 2 days after booking 7 nights it was that bad...AVOID!!

Room Tip: wouldn't bother worste most windy place on the island..u be better staying the other side was pe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Troy W
temanava, CEO at Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Troy,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa. As you can see from our other TripAdvisor reviews, over 93% rate their stay as Excellent or Very Good, so it is concerning to me that you feel so strongly that your time at our property was a negative experience. Your feedback has been acknowledged and I have followed up with staff that you interacted with during your time at the property.

As you may not have been aware, our resort is located on the south-eastern side of Rarotonga which means that although we have the benefit of a beautiful lagoon and beach, our property and others in Muri are exposed to trade winds that occasionally pass through the area. Obviously we have no control over the weather conditions though we do try our best to manage them if they are bothersome for guests. I am pleased to note that our reservations team worked with you and your partner to come to a resolution regarding accommodation that you were satisfied with. Feedback from our staff who interacted with you was that you appeared happy with the way the issues you raised were resolved, and so it is regrettable that you felt our service did not live up to your expectations.

I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time on the island and I would be happy to discuss this with you further, if you wish.

I can be contacted by calling (682) 20427 or email me on greg.stanaway@pacificresort.com.

Kind regards,

Greg Stanaway
CEO / Group General Manager
Pacific Resort Hotel Group

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I had 7 nights at the Te Manava and there was nothing other than fabulous. We loved the accommodation (we actually stayed in a Garden Villa) and the staff were fantastic. Elaine was so helpful as was Lester upon our arrival. Having the connection to the Pacific Raratonga was great and I would recommend hiring a scooter. Anna was so lovely each day when she cleaned our rooms. I would highly recommend staying there any time!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Denise1972_2
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I went on our honeymoon to cook islands, it was our first time there and absolutely loved it! great food great staff, awesome place! PARADISE!
Make sure you hire a scooter while your there, its the best way to get around. Make sure you stop at "Fruits of raratonga" for a smoothie, and Mr Wu's Petrol station for cheap beer and food!

Phil Collins:
Oh,Think twice 'Cause it's another day for you and me in paradise Oh, Think twice 'Cause it's another day for you You and me in paradise.

Room Tip: Beach side villa!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cam_rok
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was the second time we had been to Rarotonga. We had stayed at Pacific Resort previously and decided to stay somewhere different and we were not disappointed. The rooms were beautifully furnished and had fully equiped kitchen,great bathroom. Elaine was very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. We will definately return!! We believe Te Manava is the best place on Rarotonga to stay. You will not be disappointed. Heaven on earth.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the beach front villas which I would definately recommend.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirlene R
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We spent 5 nights in a beach front Villa at Te Manava & loved every minute of it.The staff were friendly, helpful & unimposing.The villas are spacious (although lacking in cloth storage) & immaculately appointed with everything needed to be self sufficient including BBQ & all the mod cons in the kitchen.Tea & coffee was provided which was helpful when arriving in the we small hours of the morning.The outdoor area was spacious, well appointed with furniture,plunge pool & offering stunning views of the lagoon & islands.In summary the resort is quite & peaceful, located away from other resorts/restaurants yet close enough to walk to them to if you wish.The villas & there chattels were of high quality & very comfortable.

Room Tip: If you like to watch TV take some DVD's as the TV channels are limited, it would pay to have a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KiwiKbs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muri
Muri Beach Club Hotel
Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach
0 mi away
Rumours Luxury Villas and Spa
Pacific Resort Rarotonga

Been to Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!