Rarotonga is a fantastic place to relax and unwind. We had a wonderful stay at TeVakaroa. We stayed for 10 nights and for most of those, the 6 units were fully occupied. The location is perfect and the views stunning – you’re close to restaurants, a great little coffee shop and a small supermarket.
TeVakaroa has been opened for ~18 months and there’s obviously some teething problems. Our Villa had a broken dishwasher and the sliding doors would not lock. The major problem is their bed linen. Our fitted sheet was so badly stained it should have been thrown out. We were told it was clean and had just come from the laundry – “maybe they hadn’t washed it in bleach”. The second sheet they put on was also stained and one of the cleaning staff told us this was the best one she could find, they were all stained. We found this very unacceptable, however didn’t make a fuss at the time, as we didn’t want to spoil our holiday. On this alone, I would have to think twice before recommending or returning to TeVakaroa. This is our second trip to the Cook Islands and won’t be our last – 3 years ago we stayed at the Rarotongan Beach and Spa Resort – the first night in a standard room and the rest of our holiday in the Honeymoon Bungalow. We had no problems with the bed linen in either rooms.
Muri Beach is definitely the pick of the areas to stay and there’s certainly a lot of great accommodation along the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new property offers six beachfront villas that face Muri Lagoon. 3 x 1 Brm Villas at the ground level and 3 x 2 Brm Villas at the 1st level each with views across the pool to the beach and lagoon. All villas are highly appointed, with large terraces, full kitchens complete with dishwashers, microwaves, frig/freezers, DVDs, surround cinema with flat screen TVs, satellite TV reception. Blue Tooth connectivity to in room speakers,and WiFi internet connections. Each Villa has its own laundry. A freshwater pool, spa and large daybed are located right above the beach. Welcome fruit platter provided on arrival and complimentary tropical breakfasts delivered to your villa daily, with room service available from the adjoining restaurant. Private car meet/greet and airport transfers $ 20 per person each way are recommended given our property is only manned between 8.30am and 4.30pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Te Vakaroa Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Te Vakaroa Villas Hotel Muri
- Te Vakaroa Villas Muri, Rarotonga, Cook Islands