“Has improved so much!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingham Wildlife Park

Wingham Wildlife Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Wingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Wingham Wildlife Park is set within 26 acres in which we display over 200 different species... That is more than any other zoo in Kent! Including some species not seen anywhere else in zoos in the UK, Europe and even the world! As well as the all important animal collection we have 2 large play areas (both indoors and outdoors, making them fun all year), 2 restaurants (although one may be shut in the winter season) and a wide variety of animal talks, encounters and experiences!
Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Has improved so much!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

When i last visited there was half as much to see. So nice that the park has been improved and that there is more to see. Much more interactive and the children i was accompanying loved it here.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lanoz

Woodford, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Impressed!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went with my niece and nephew on Saturday. We got there shortly after it opened, I would recommend getting there early as the wallabies were more approachable and my niece instantly fell in love with them. They were roaming free around the park.

There was a good range of animals, the keeper who gave the talk/feeding of the Otters was very informative and friendly.

We had sausage in baguette, would certainly recommend it, but there were lots of places to eat, if you brought your own lunch.

It is very good value for money, a full day experience. My niece fell fast asleep as soon as we got back home.

Planning our next visit soon.

kent
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Was Fab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have nothing bad to say about the place was excellent day out!
The place was bigger than I thought and loads of variety of animals and very interactive .I stayed all day from 10 till 4 and loved feeding the Meercats. I lost my camera and the staff where very helpful and understanding .I did get camera back in the end.

Swindon UK
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Rustic, charming and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is not a high tech facility but we found it to be one of the most relaxing afternoons we've ever had in public.
I purchased the meerkat feeding experience, and followed it with the penguin experience, both at £50. This has to be done prior to the day but both are well worth it.
the beauty of this family-run establishment is the proximity of the animals. to be able to stand five feet from a tiger being hand-fed and then watch it licking the keeper through the mesh was incredible.
A walk through the lemur enclosure will bring closer interaction. one sat on my shoulders for some time without problem.
There are plenty of places to sit and just watch the animals, and, as a place to spend a few hours chilling out, it was excellent.
The new puma and jaguar are quite impressive!
I chatted briefly with some of the owners, including the tiger keeper, and could only ask them not to change the way the place is.
if you want modern, slip and mud free walkways then this is not for you. If you the ability to get very close to some legendary animals, there is none better in my experience.
We loved it and already plan our next weekend in kent so we can revisit.

Margate, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“There was something for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

As we had visited this attraction over 15 years ago with our children (it was called Wingham Bird Park then), and as we have now both retired we decided to visit this place again, well we were pleasently suprised as we can now see wildlife animals ie..Lions and Tigers etc. As it was a nice sunny day there was many photo opportunities.
There was still a busy cafe where you can buy snacks,drinks and cooked meals.
If you just want a sandwich I recommend their Bacon Baggette at only £4.50 it was superb and plenty of back bacon.

Visited September 2012