“Valentine's Day Special”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wingham
The Retreat at Witherdens Hall
Ranked #2 of 5 Wingham B&B and Inns
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
“Valentine's Day Special”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My wife and I spent 2 wonderful nights in the Cottage at Witherdens Hall. A warm welcome, real comfort in the Cottage with absolutely everything you could need, and all top quality (including an excellent choice of books!), and a lovely breakfast spread. The sauna, steam room, massage chair facilities were excellent, very relaxing and comfortable. We both had a great Indian Head massage from Steve, and again having that facility 5 metres from the Cottage really makes life easy. Everyone is so helpful, and the peace and quiet makes it an excellent short break, with restaurants, farm shops and everything to hand if you need them. Highly recommended.
Peter Hutchinson

Room Tip: Take the cottage, bright, comfortable, very spacious, beautifully appointed
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
london
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My weary husband and I spent a fantastic weekend at Witherden and met Louise and Marilyn the Reiki practitioner. I am heavily pregnant and still working so we needed to just escape, London- friends family and our own heads for a bit. Louise was so lovely and made every effort possible to make this healing weekend happen for us. To be honest the birdsong in the morning would have done the trick in itself, without the whirlpool bath, fluffy towels and warm welcome. The reading material around the cottage lured us both into a deep state of quiet and reflection We had a Reiki session with Marilyn and 3 weeks later we both keep remarking on energy levels and sense of wellbeing, Really amazing sessions and a truly wonderful woman. We cannot wait to return here and plan to do the reiki one trainin later in teh year, or any other training that gives us the excuse to return to this magical place.Deepest thanks. Sue Matthews/Andrew Bromley

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The Retreat workspace has all mod cons and is spotlessly clean. Every aspect exudes quality. The cottage where I choose to stay when I'm working there is remarkably well appointed and comfortable in the extreme. I love this place for work and also to bring my family and relax. The first time I came to visit when I was looking for a venue for my fear of public speaking retreat, I fell in love with it. It's so tranquil and energising. Regards Vince Stevenson, Education Director, College of Public Speaking

Room Tip: Book early, the cottage and the workspace is in high demand.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vince s
Reviewed April 30, 2011

If I had to mention only one thing about Witherdens Hall I would choose to speak about "positive energy". This cannot be improvised or faked, and is given by a wide array of elements, that need to coexist in one place to create a feeling of harmony.

Witherdens all encompasses many of these elements, just to mention some: nature, care, space and silence.

- Nature. The settings of Witherdens Hall are splendid, wide open fields surround the house, and the presence of animals at a short distance from the courtyard gives the guests a feeling of liveliness.

-Care. Tthe owner is genuinely interested in the well being and comfort of her guests.
Great attention has been spent to make sure the guests are comfortable, understood and looked after.

- Space. The internal space of the accommodation and the surroundings are harmonious and provide a good refuge from the cluttered and noisy city life.

- Silence. Because of its settings Witherdens Hall provides the quietest and peaceful environment, that allows deep relaxation.

I was there for 3 days with my husband and my children, we all had a great and relaxing family time, we didn't use any of the SPA treatments, perhaps a treat to keep for our next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Under 2 hours drive from London this is the perfect place to get away from it all and for rest and relaxation.

Situated in the countryside with several farm shops nearby the cottage is beautifully decorated and very comfortable with plenty of magazines, books, DVDs etc to keep you entertained if required. On site is also a heat room and Louise the owner suggests a number of local people to contact for any treatment you desire such as massage, Reiki treatment etc.

Also nearby is the local Gibson's farm shop and cafe which I would highly recommend visiting. There are plenty of walks too.

Great 3 day break.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Innocentskincare
London
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The Retreat was warm, welcoming, spotlessly clean and well organised. With no plans for the weekend, the sun came out and we took each day as it came, walked through the countryside, found an amazing pub 5 mins away for dinner, and stocked up with local produce at the nearby farm shop....left feeling fully recharged for the week ahead.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
DragonKing'sDaughter, Owner at The Retreat at Witherdens Hall, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Witherdens Hall. It takes a lot of time and passion to create what we hope is a wonderful experience for all our guests, so it makes our hearts sing and it feel all worthwhile to get lovely feedback.
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Thank you so much for my downtime at Witherdens Hall. Louise is a charming host and most helpful from telling me about the local surrounds, Farm Shops and villages to advising where was good for me to run. I visited on my own for some much needed rest and relaxation. I had some treatments with Marilyn who lives nearby who has a warm and caring spirit. The Cottage is wonderful in a peaceful location, the Main House and grounds are very easy on the eye and extremely well maintained and a joy to be around. The surrounding countryside is perfect for walking running or just being.

The wonderful breakfast mmm Organic Muesli, Fresh Eggs, Organic Jam and oh please lets not talk about the bread it was absolutely delicious....I've never eaten so much bread in my life….just melt in the mouth.

I would most certainly go again and perhaps if I am not feeling too selfish I will bring someone with me:-) to share such a wonderful place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your lovely review - we really appreciate guests taking the time out from their busy lives to write something about their stay here at Witherdens Hall. Your comments will really help people get more of a flavour of what it is like to stay here.

And I am so glad you had a good time and that the advice we gave was helpful for your stay. And yes, I agree about the bread - we buy it from the local organic farm shop and bake it ourselves. It's one of the reasons I'm never going to be a size 10 (or a size 12 or 14 for that matter!)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wingham
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel
#1 of 5 in Wingham
Yorke Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Yorke Lodge Bed and Breakfast
#11 of 75 in Canterbury

Been to The Retreat at Witherdens Hall? Share your experiences!