“Just what the doctor ordered....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wingham
The Retreat at Witherdens Hall
Ranked #2 of 5 Wingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The Retreat was warm, welcoming, spotlessly clean and well organised. With no plans for the weekend, the sun came out and we took each day as it came, walked through the countryside, found an amazing pub 5 mins away for dinner, and stocked up with local produce at the nearby farm shop....left feeling fully recharged for the week ahead.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
DragonKing'sDaughter, Owner at The Retreat at Witherdens Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Witherdens Hall. It takes a lot of time and passion to create what we hope is a wonderful experience for all our guests, so it makes our hearts sing and it feel all worthwhile to get lovely feedback.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Thank you so much for my downtime at Witherdens Hall. Louise is a charming host and most helpful from telling me about the local surrounds, Farm Shops and villages to advising where was good for me to run. I visited on my own for some much needed rest and relaxation. I had some treatments with Marilyn who lives nearby who has a warm and caring spirit. The Cottage is wonderful in a peaceful location, the Main House and grounds are very easy on the eye and extremely well maintained and a joy to be around. The surrounding countryside is perfect for walking running or just being.

The wonderful breakfast mmm Organic Muesli, Fresh Eggs, Organic Jam and oh please lets not talk about the bread it was absolutely delicious....I've never eaten so much bread in my life….just melt in the mouth.

I would most certainly go again and perhaps if I am not feeling too selfish I will bring someone with me:-) to share such a wonderful place.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your lovely review - we really appreciate guests taking the time out from their busy lives to write something about their stay here at Witherdens Hall. Your comments will really help people get more of a flavour of what it is like to stay here.

And I am so glad you had a good time and that the advice we gave was helpful for your stay. And yes, I agree about the bread - we buy it from the local organic farm shop and bake it ourselves. It's one of the reasons I'm never going to be a size 10 (or a size 12 or 14 for that matter!)

Reviewed April 6, 2011

I arrived very stressed out after a frantic business week. From the moment I arrived I felt transported into a world of calm. The family are lovely and not intrusive. I managed to get masses of sleep and lots of thinking and perspective. It is a wonderful old building full of tradition, yet extremely comfortable and quiet except for the birdsong and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2011

If you are looking for somewhere tranquil with space to reflect and rejuvinate then this is the place to go. From the minute you arrive the lovely Louise and her family will go out of their way to ensure you have the kind of stay you are looking for. We didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2011
DragonKing'sDaughter, Owner at The Retreat at Witherdens Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2011

Thank you so much for your lovely recommendation.

We know how precious people's leisure time is, so we do our utmost to make sure that a guest's stay in The Retreat is as perfect as it can possibly be.

Thank you for coming and thank you also for booking to come again in April. The garden should be looking stunning and the pool will be heated, so that's an added bonus!

warmest wishes

Louise and Craig Chester

Reviewed February 8, 2011

Just loved going back to the Retreat a second time. It was even more enjoyable this time.....this time did manage to go the lovely farm shop nearby within perfect walking distance-just refreshing!

It was just what I wanted after an exhausting but life changing personal development course- time and space to sleep and eat healthily. And Louise and Craig are such an amazing, thoughtful couple!

I'm so glad to have found a haven so close to London, where I know I'll find peace and quiet every time. If you must visit one retreat this year, make it Witherdens Hall!

• Stayed: February 2011

Dear Anney,

Thank you for your lovely review. It is a total pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in April. It's even nicer here when the weather is warm - you wait til you have the pool to use as well as the Spa!

Warmest wishes,

Louise

Reviewed January 25, 2011

My sister and I stayed 3 nights at Witherdens Hall and had some therapies during our stay. Could not fault The Retreat in any way. Louise and Craig delightful, warm, friendly hosts. Breakfasts and house speciality of Pea Soup were scrumptious. Accommodation luxuriously comfortable, no skimping here. Beautiful bed linen, towelling robes. Two enormous vases of very high quality lovely flowers. Therapists are booked directly with the people involved (not through Louise) and were also really, really good. I will definitely be returning to The Retreat and shall encourage friends to try its charms as well. I have not tried any of the courses on offer, but they look very interesting.

• Stayed: January 2011
DragonKing'sDaughter, Owner at The Retreat at Witherdens Hall, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind and generous review. It makes all our hard work worthwhile!

Reviewed November 26, 2010

This was my second trip to Witherdens - one year on from the last. This time I also availed myself of some of Louise's business strategy consulting, and some treatments.

It really felt like coming home, with the same palpable but indefinable sense of peace. The flowers, this time roses, had filled the Retreat with perfume every time I walked back in. But also something new - the mini spa. I partcularly recommend the infra-red sauna... a sauna you can sit and read in!!

A great balance between relaxing, recharging, and building up energy and purpose for the year ahead. I can see this becoming an annual tradition.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank UncleBuckKent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wingham
Cathedral Gate Hotel
#1 of 73 in Canterbury
Iffin Farmhouse
Iffin Farmhouse
#2 of 73 in Canterbury

Been to The Retreat at Witherdens Hall? Share your experiences!